75 Best Things to Do in Berlin (Germany)
- Brandenburg Gate. Where Unter den Linden intersects with Ebertstraße stands what may be Germany’s most recognisable sight.
- Reichstag. Another landmark that sums up the drama of the 20th century in Berlin is the Reichstag, the meeting place of the German Parliament.
- Tiergarten. ...
People also ask
What are the top ten things to do in Berlin?
What are the best things to see in Berlin Germany?
What are the best places to see in Berlin Germany?
What are the best tours in Berlin Germany?
Jul 29, 2020 · Best Things To Do in Berlin Berlin's history of battling ideologies makes for some of the most fascinating sightseeing in Europe. Explore the remnants of the Berlin Wall, the
Sep 05, 2017 · 75 Best Things to Do in Berlin (Germany) No capital city in the world feels quite like Berlin, and maybe that’s because none has had a century as eventful. Here’s a city that was the party capital of the world in the Golden Twenties and was then razed and cut in two.
- What to Do in Berlin, Germany | 36 Hours Travel Videos | The New York Timesyoutube.com
- Visit Germany - The DON'Ts of Visiting Germanyyoutube.com
- Germany: 30 Years After the Fall of the Berlin Wallyoutube.com
- Things to do in Berlin : 3 Day Travel Guideyoutube.com
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Berlin, Germany on Tripadvisor: See 579,484 traveller reviews and photos of Berlin tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in October. We have reviews of the best places to see in Berlin. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
- Anna Geary-Meyer
- Reichstag. Attractions Historic buildings and sites Mitte. This neo-Baroque edifice housing the German Bundestag (Parliament) survived wars, Nazis, fire, bombing and the country’s division, only to return as a symbol of a new era in German politics.
- Tiergarten. Make like a Berliner and stretch your legs with a stroll, jog or cycle through the city’s most famous park, which comes into its own during spring and summer.
- Tempelhofer Feld. Famous for its Nazi and Cold War history, Tempelhof airport ceased operation in 2008. Now you can stroll down the runways where Second World War Stuka dive-bombers took off and where, during the Berlin Airlift of 1948 after the Soviets blockaded West Berlin, the Western Powers dropped supplies for the city’s 2.5 million residents in one of the greatest feats in aviation history.
- Bathing lakes. Brandenburg, the north-eastern state surrounding Berlin, is known as the land of 3,000 lakes. Starkly beautiful in winter and especially appealing in the warmer months, many lakes are easily accessible by public transport and each has its own character.
Berlin and Germany do a fantastic job at confronting the dark period in its history that was World War II and the millions of innocent people killed. Monuments to this dark time can be seen around Berlin.
Top Things to Do in Berlin, Germany: See Tripadvisor's 579,485 traveller reviews and photos of 2,289 things to do when in Berlin.
- Reichstag Building. The Reichstag Building is a historical government landmark in Berlin. It is the second most visited place in Berlin, attracting around 3 million people per year.
- Berlin Wall Memorial. One of the top things to do in Berlin is to visit the Berlin Wall Memorial. The strip of the wall extends 1.4 kilometers and it signifies the division of East and West Berlin until reunification at the end of the 1980s.
- Museum Island. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the Museum Island is one of the top Berlin attractions. It has 5 museums with exquisite works of art, each one different from the other.
- Berlin Cathedral. The Berlin Cathedral’s history goes back to the 15 Century. It is an important landmark, both religiously and artistically. The Church has been built and rebuilt depending on the type of monarch that was present at different times.
Germany is to spend €500m (£450m) on upgrading ventilation systems in public buildings to combat the spread of the coronavirus. Schools, universities, public offices and museums ...
The Telegraph via Yahoo News
8 hours ago
- Germany travel advice: Am I allowed to visit, what rules are in place and do I need a Covid test?The Independent via Yahoo News15 hours ago
- Looks Like Keanu Reeves & Girlfriend Alexandra Grant's Relationship Is Still Going StrongSheKnows via Yahoo News1 day ago
- As the second wave arrives, can Germany escape the worst again?The Telegraph via Yahoo News4 days ago
- A royal bubble bursts: Thailand's king faces trouble on two continentsLA Times via Yahoo News4 days ago
- Keanu Reeves Shares a Sweet Kiss With Girlfriend Alexandra Grant in BerlinET Online via AOL2 days ago
- Snap photos of murals at East Side Gallery. Museum. The East Side Gallery is a section of the Berlin Wall covered in colourful murals | © Scott Wilson / Alamy Stock Photo.
- Experience the best city views from the TV Tower. Architectural Landmark. The Berlin TV Tower (Berliner Fernsehturm) looms large on the city’s skyline | © hanohikirf / Alamy Stock Photo.
- Get lost in the Pergamon Museum. Museum. The reconstructed Ishtar Gate of Babylon is on display at Berlin’s Pergamon Museum | © Kerin Forstmanis / Alamy Stock Photo.
- Discover beautiful sculptures at the Bode Museum. Museum. The Bode Museum lies on Museum Island | © Shahsuvar Humbatov / Alamy Stock Photo. Book Now. Completed in 1904 as the fourth museum on Berlin’s famous Museumsinsel, the Bode Museum is the place to go for sculpture and stunning Byzantine art.
Berlin City Sights . There’s SO much to see and do in Berlin, and at times it feels so big (particularly with there not being just one centre). As mentioned, the transport system is excellent, so you really can see a lot, even if you only have a short time. Head to the Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate.
Berlin is packed with things to do and see, every single day. But no worries – we keep you in the picture on what’s happening in this exciting city. Follow us on Facebook , Twitter or Instagram and become a Berlin fan.