75 Best Things to Do in Berlin (Germany)
www.thecrazytourist.com/75-best-things-berlin-germany/#:~:text=75 Best Things to Do in Berlin (Germany),Museum. 10 Deutsches Historisches Museum. More items...
- Brandenburg Gate.
- Victory Column (Siegessäule)
- Museum Island.
- Neues Museum.
- Gedenkstätte Berliner Mauer.
- Pergamon Museum.
- Deutsches Historisches Museum.
People also ask
What are the top ten things to do in Berlin?
What are the best things to see in Berlin Germany?
What are the best places to see in Berlin Germany?
What are the best neighborhoods to stay in Berlin?
Jul 29, 2020 · Best Things To Do in Berlin Berlin's history of battling ideologies makes for some of the most fascinating sightseeing in Europe. Explore the remnants of the Berlin Wall, the glorious dome atop the...
Sep 05, 2017 · The largest square in Germany and an energetic transport hub, Alexanderplatz is one of the most dynamic and exciting corners of Berlin. This former parade ground became the city’s main shopping district at the start of the 20th century.
Top Things to Do in Berlin, Germany: See Tripadvisor's 579,915 traveller reviews and photos of 2,294 things to do when in Berlin.
- Reichstag Building. The Reichstag Building is a historical government landmark in Berlin. It is the second most visited place in Berlin, attracting around 3 million people per year.
- Berlin Wall Memorial. One of the top things to do in Berlin is to visit the Berlin Wall Memorial. The strip of the wall extends 1.4 kilometers and it signifies the division of East and West Berlin until reunification at the end of the 1980s.
- Museum Island. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the Museum Island is one of the top Berlin attractions. It has 5 museums with exquisite works of art, each one different from the other.
- Berlin Cathedral. The Berlin Cathedral’s history goes back to the 15 Century. It is an important landmark, both religiously and artistically. The Church has been built and rebuilt depending on the type of monarch that was present at different times.
The building has been burned, bombed, rebuilt, buttressed by the Berlin Wall, wrapped in fabric, and eventually turned into the home of Germany’s parliament, which is what it is today. The Reichstag is one of the most popular sights to visit in Berlin and is one of the city’s most iconic buildings.
- What to Do in Berlin, Germany | 36 Hours Travel Videos | The New York Timesyoutube.com
- 25 Things to do in Berlin, Germany Travel Guideyoutube.com
- Eat Berlin - 5 Things You Have to Eat in Berlinyoutube.com
- TOP THINGS TO DO IN BERLIN - MUST SEE ATTRACTIONS | Germany Travel Vlog 152, 2018youtube.com
- Anna Geary-Meyer
- Reichstag. Attractions Historic buildings and sites Mitte. This neo-Baroque edifice housing the German Bundestag (Parliament) survived wars, Nazis, fire, bombing and the country’s division, only to return as a symbol of a new era in German politics.
- Tiergarten. Make like a Berliner and stretch your legs with a stroll, jog or cycle through the city’s most famous park, which comes into its own during spring and summer.
- Tempelhofer Feld. Famous for its Nazi and Cold War history, Tempelhof airport ceased operation in 2008. Now you can stroll down the runways where Second World War Stuka dive-bombers took off and where, during the Berlin Airlift of 1948 after the Soviets blockaded West Berlin, the Western Powers dropped supplies for the city’s 2.5 million residents in one of the greatest feats in aviation history.
- Bathing lakes. Brandenburg, the north-eastern state surrounding Berlin, is known as the land of 3,000 lakes. Starkly beautiful in winter and especially appealing in the warmer months, many lakes are easily accessible by public transport and each has its own character.
- Brandenburg Gate. This magnificent gate is based in Mitte, West Berlin. Most of Berlin was very badly bombed during the last few stages of WWII and very few monuments and structures survived in one piece.
- Berlin Cathedral. In my opinion, this is the most beautiful building in Berlin. If you’re after an Instagram moment in Berlin then Berlin Cathedral should be top of your list of things to see.
- Reichstag Building. The Reichstag Building was one of the coolest buildings we visited in Berlin as the restored outside has a classical style, but the main tourist attraction is the glass dome at the top, which is very modern.
- Berlin Wall – East Side Gallery. The East Side Gallery is where you’ll find the iconic Berlin Wall art. Unfortunately half of the wall is mostly graffiti with nothing particularly interesting to look at but the further you walk, the better the art gets.