- Visit the Christmas market. The Christmas market is right outside Frankfurt’s town hall - the Römer. The market dates back to 1393 and is one of the oldest and largest Christmas markets in Germany, making it well worth a visit.
- Attend the Pealing of the Bells. At 5 pm daily, Frankfurt has the Pealing of the Bells which is an event where 10 of churches in the centre of Frankfurt ring their bells 50 times for half an hour.
- Enjoy some warmth inside the greenhouses at Palmengarten. The renowned Palmengarten is one of the city’s best-loved attractions with millions of visitors each year.
- Check what’s on at the Alte Oper. Perhaps you would be interested in hearing Grigory Sokolov or see Frankfurt Radio Symphony Orchestra play live. View the schedule for its winter program and book tickets for a show while you are in town.
For anyone coming to Frankfurt in December, you’ll want to know what there is to do. Here are our picks of the best events to take time out for. Top events in Frankfurt in December 2019: Lord of the Rings Live at Festhalle – 3 rd December; Arch Enemy at Jahrhunderthalle – 3 rd December; Kim Wilde at Alte Oper – 4 th December
- Sip Warm Gluhwein. It wouldn’t be a German Christmas market without gluhwein…and there is no shortage of gluhwein at the Christmas market in Frankfurt am Main.
- Spend Time in the Many Christmas Markets Around Frankfurt. Unlike some city holiday events that are confined to one area, the Christmas markets in Frankfurt, Germany dot the city.
- Savor Classic German Christmas Fare. Visiting the Frankfurt winter market wouldn’t be complete without sampling traditional German cuisine. Indulging in at least one grilled sausage is a must – but sausages are not the only Christmas fare to consume at the market.
- Snap a Selfie by the Christmas Tree in Romerberg. The 100-foot-tall Christmas Tree that stands in front of Romer (City Hall) is an iconic symbol of Christmas in Frankfurt, Germany.
Dec 07, 2019 · Frankfurt’s Weihnachtsmarkt, started in 1393 at Romerberg Square, is the oldest in Germany. Each year from late November to just before Christmas the Romerberg is turned into a holiday wonderland. On the south side of the square is the fourteenth-century Nikolaikirche (Church of Saint Nicholas aka Santa Claus).
People also ask
What to do in Frankfurt Germany?
Is Frankfurt in Europe?
Is frankfurt in winter?
What is Christmas market in Frankfurt?
Date of experience: December 2019. 1 Helpful vote. Helpful. Share. Stanley Sopper wrote a review Sep 2020. Frankfurt, Germany 9 contributions 9 helpful votes. my trip ...
- Schaumainkai, Frankfurt, 60594, Hesse
5 best places to visit in December 2019. ... 10 best attractions in Frankfurt, Germany. Carnival festivals around the world: Join the parades and parties in 2019. See more articles.
Dec 03, 2019 · CyberArk Privileged Access Security (PAS) Administration on Dec 3 in Frankfurt, Germany ... December 3, 2019 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Wednesday, ...
Nov 09, 2020 · I've lived in Frankfurt for over a half year now and it's time to give my review and rating of being an expat in Germany's financial capital. It's been long enough where I feel very comfortable with getting around the city, rented an apartment, explored all the bars/restaurants, and traveled around Europe like Europeans do. Overall, like when I was living in Johannesburg, South Africa, I ...
I am going to be in Frankfurt Germany, January 26th and 27th, along with Team Diamond Global Network. It’s going to be a phenomenal two days. Now, I want you to think of this for a moment.. There’s a lot of people that are stuck at a certain pin level. There’s a lot of people stuck at an income level..