Things to do in Hamburg:
- Walk Around Hamburg Harbor + See Magnificent “Museum Ships”. You can’t visit Hamburg and skip the Harbor because it’s hard to miss. ...
- Check Out Nikolaifleet – Hamburg’s Prettiest Canal. While Hamburg is gorgeous and has a lot more to offer than Amsterdam, the canals are not everywhere.
- Explore St Pauli and Look at the Street Art. ...
People also ask
What is Hamburg best known for?
What is Hamburg like?
What to eat in Hamburg?
What to see in Hamburg?
Top Attractions in Hamburg. 1. Miniatur Wunderland. 22,331 reviews. See 4 Experiences. Nature & Parks. 2. Port of Hamburg. 3. Speicherstadt. 4. Planten un Blomen. 5. Alter Elbtunnel.
- Entertainment and Nightlife, Free. TYPE. 1 to 2 hours. TIME TO SPEND. A stunning architectural marvel often compared to Sydney's opera house, the Elbphilharmonie is a concert hall and performance space designed by the Pritzker Architecture Prize-winning Swiss architecture firm Herzog & de Meuron.
- 1 mile to city center. Free, Recreation, Sightseeing. TYPE. 1 to 2 hours. TIME TO SPEND.
- 0.8 miles to city center. Free, Parks and Gardens. TYPE. 1 to 2 hours. TIME TO SPEND.
- Tours, Sightseeing. TYPE. 1 to 2 hours. TIME TO SPEND. No visit to Hamburg is complete without getting out on the water.
- Speicherstadt. When Hamburg finally joined the German customs zone in 1888, work began on a new warehouse district for its free port. Residential quarters on the Zollkanal were removed and storage facilities were constructed on oak piles and with Gothic Revival architecture.
- HafenCity. Encompassing the Speicherstadt, HafenCity is a new waterside quarter that was made official in 2008. Partly on reclaimed land in the Elbe, HafenCity will continue to grow over the next 15 years, creating homes for 12,000 people and jobs for up to 40,000.
- Elbphilharmonie. Officially unveiled in 2017, the Elbphilharmonie is Hamburg’s tallest inhabited building at more than 100 metres. Despite its considerable size, this project by Herzog & de Meuron still has a light, ethereal quality, and its enigmatic profile has been compared to waves, the sails of a ship or a quartz crystal.
- Planten un Blomen. If you had to make a list of Europe’s best urban parks, Planten un Blomen, 47 hectares of gardens, lawns, ponds, greenhouses and botanical plantations will be near the top.
Jan 13, 2020 · 10 Best Things to Do in Hamburg More popular as a business-travel hub, Hamburg has plenty of underrated sites for tourists to uncover. Here are the best things to do in the musical, historic, and...
Best Things to Do in Hamburg, Germany There are at least fifteen activities in this city alone that can make your holiday the most memorable vacation ever. Try Stand-up paddling in Hamburg Stand-up paddling in Hamburg
Flights are operating between the UK and Germany. British Airways, easyJet and Ryanair are all offering flights between London and Berlin; British...; Eurowings and Ryanair ...
The Independent via Yahoo News
6 days ago
- Germany finds nine new African swine fever cases in wild boarReuters via Yahoo News5 days ago
- How airport testing works in Germany – and what happens if you test positiveThe Telegraph via Yahoo News3 days ago
- How corporations and SMBs can turn competition into collaborationThe Next Web via AOL4 days ago
- Americans Abroad weekend previewNBC Sports via Yahoo Sports3 days ago
- George Mackie, artist and book designer who had won a DFC as a wartime Stirling bomber pilot – obituaryThe Telegraph via Yahoo News7 days ago
- What is Hamburg, Germany Like? | Hamburg Travel Vlogyoutube.com
- HAMBURG Germany City Guide | Top Things to See, Do and Eatyoutube.com
- The Hamburg Travel Guide | Things to do, restaurants, sightseeing, and more.youtube.com
- What do you eat in Hamburg?youtube.com
- Get Grungy on the Reeperbahn. Address. Reeperbahn 174, 20359 Hamburg, Germany. Phone +49 6309 49950. Web Visit website. The city's most famous street is the Reeperbahn, Hamburg's Red Light District, one of Europe's most prominent.
- Wake Up Early for the Hamburg Fish Market. Address. Fischmarkt, 22767 Hamburg, Germany. Fresh seafood, exotic fruits and nuts, and teas from all over the world—the Hamburg Fischmarkt is a must for every foodie or collector.
- Climb into a Russian Submarine at Hamburg Harbor. Address. Russian U 434, 22767 Hamburg, Germany. Web Visit website. Hamburg is a harbor city, and its port is the third largest in the world, after London and New York City, so unsurprisingly, there are many ways to enjoy this city's 800-year-old harbor still.
- Learn About Your Family's History at Ballinstadt. Address. Veddeler Bogen 2, 20539 Hamburg, Germany. Phone +49 40 31979160. Web Visit website.
Types of Things to Do in Hamburg Nightlife (276) Tours (218) Sights & Landmarks (167) Shopping (121) Outdoor Activities (102) Museums (87) Fun & Games (85) Concerts & Shows (60) Nature & Parks (51) Boat Tours & Water Sports (49) Spas & Wellness (43) Transportation (29) Food & Drink (28) Classes & Workshops (20) Traveller Resources (4) Casinos & Gambling (3) Water & Amusement Parks (2) Zoos & Aquariums (1) Events (1)
The infamous Reeperbahn is one of the two centers of Hamburg’s nightlife and an entertainment district in Hamburg’s St. Pauli area. Although, according to the time you are visiting, this district may not be to everyone’s liking. If you enjoyed Amsterdam’s red-light district, Reeperbahn may also be to your liking.
Discover the best top things to do in Hamburg, Germany including Mahnmal St-Nikolai, Fischmarkt, Elbphilharmonie.
- Evening Illumination Cruise through Harbor. Have you ever heard about Speicherstadt? It must be the most photogenic spot in Hamburg. Very beautiful! Experience a beautiful evening cruise from the historical and romantically-illuminated Speicherstadt through the sea of light that is the Hamburg harbor.
- Guided Tour Elbphilharmonie. Visit Hamburg’s new concert hall on this informative tour. During the one-hour tour you will get a complete overview of this fascinating building and enjoy great views of the city from the Elbphilharmonie Plaza.
- Sex and Crime in St. Pauli (Tour for ages 18+) Sex and Hamburg, that goes in one sentence! Hamburg is basically the Amsterdam of Germany. Explore the red light district of Hamburg on this exciting 2-hour sex and crime tour in the St. Pauli district.
- For the Family: Miniatur Wunderland. This is the worlds largest model railway; perfect for families! The Miniatur Wunderland has been constantly growing since the year 2001.