People also ask
What to see in Washington DC for the first time?
What are the best outdoor activities in Washington DC?
What is the most popular day trip from DC to Baltimore?
Is it worth visiting Washington DC?
The monument itself is open to visitors every day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visit the National Park Service's Washington Monument page for more information. Even if you're only in town for a short...
- Lincoln Memorial. Americans see this magnificent monument almost every single day (it's emblazoned on the penny!), but...
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial. One of the most iconic DC monuments, Maya Lin's moving 'Vietnam Wall' bears the names of...
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial. One of the newest memorials in Washington DC, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial is...
- Arrive Early. The most popular attractions in Washington DC are least crowded early in the morning. To get the most out of your day, get an early start and you will not have to waste time waiting in lines.
- Begin Your One Day Tour on Capitol Hill. Arrive early at the Capitol Visitor Center (Hours are Monday-Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) and learn about the history of the U.S. government.
- Go to the Smithsonian. After your tour of the Capitol, head to the National Mall. The distance from one end of the Mall to the other is about two miles. It is walkable, however, you probably want to reserve your energy for the day, so riding the Metro is a good way to get around.
- Lunchtime. You could easily waste a lot of time and money on lunch. The museums have cafeterias, but they get busy and are pricey. You may want to bring a picnic lunch or buy a hot dog from a street vendor.
1 Day Itinerary. BREAKFAST. In recent years, the arrival of new diners, bakeries and coffee shops to the Metro DC area has converted the District from a big-time ... MUST-SEE STOPS ON THE NATIONAL MALL. THE U.S. CAPITOL BUILDING. THE U.S. SUPREME COURT. LIBRARY OF CONGRESS.
These one day Washington DC itineraries include the essential attractions that every visitor tot eh capital should see like the White House, State Capital and the National Memorial memorials and monuments. There is a family itinerary with the top attractions plus some fun activities like going to the Washington Monument observation deck.
The best day trips from Washington DC according to Tripadvisor travelers are: Washington DC in One Day: Guided Sightseeing Tour; Mount Vernon and Old Town Alexandria Day Trip from Washington DC; Full-Day Tour in Washington DC; Customized, Private Guided Tour of Washington, DC; Washington DC and Philadelphia in One Day from NYC
Jul 28, 2020 · One Day in Washington DC Itinerary – Top things to do in Washington, DC. The fact that it is the capital of the United States means Washington DC has something for everyone to enjoy, no matter if you’re a history buff or a fashionista. Stroll along the National Mall and read up on some facts at one of the world class museums, or just experience great shops and sweet treats on cobble-stoned streets in Georgetown.
- Travel Bloggers
- America in a Day