Nietzsche writes a lot about women and says many wicked things about them. I'm not going to jump through hoops and defend his words and say they were misinterpreted.
Women in Love D.H. Lawrence and Freidrich Nietzsche. The philosophy of Freidrich Nietzsche was a major influence on D.H. Lawrence. Nietzsche’s work is in many ways a critical response to the forms of nihilism that Nietzsche saw infecting European culture and restricting modern life of the early 20th century. In The Genealogy of Morals ...
Nietzsche deserves credit for raising that idea, but the part you left out is important too, and there is great ambiguity in this passage. According to the sage, the law of the sexes is that willing is the manner of men and willingness the manner of women. Is the sage being descriptive or normative? Is this a social or natural law?
Aug 03, 2015 · A great man is not a man so strong that he feels less than other men; he is a man so strong that he feels more. And when Nietszche says, “A new commandment I give to you, ‘be hard,’“ he is really saying, “A new commandment I give to you, ‘be dead.’“. Sensibility is the definition of life.”. This next one is my fave:
People also ask
What are your favorite Nietzsche quotes?
What were Nietzsche's views on women?
What does this Nietzsche quotation mean?
My personal reading of Nietzsche on women is that he thought women as they existed were superior to men, and that female emancipation would bring women down to the level of being stupid, boring, bourgeois men who went to work every day and discussed politics from the newspaper over dinner. Remember that in Nietzsche's philosophy, to exercise ...
History, in [Nietzsche's] view, belongs to him who is fighting a great fight, and who needs examples, teachers and comforters, but cannot find them among his contemporaries. Without history the mountain chain of great men's great moments, which runs through millennia, could not stand clearly and vividly before me.
- That which does not kill us makes us stronger. If you think life is hard, keep going. Don’t seek an easy life, seek strength. Friedrich Nietzsche’s philosophy often stresses the fact that one must be fearless, take risks, and face adversities to get the fruits of life.
- He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. To fight terrorism, soldiers have to become ruthless themselves.
- He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. If you have an incredibly meaningful purpose, you won’t give up no matter how tough it gets. Purpose gives us meaning and stirs our emotions.
- In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs, it is the rule. Individuals often know how life works and what the truth really is.
Mar 22, 2021 · Our latest collection of Friedrich Nietzsche quotes on Everyday Power. Friedrich Nietzsche was a German philosopher, essayist, and cultural critic whose writings had a major influence on Western philosophy and intellectual history. His body of work covered a wide variety of topics, including religion, history, arts, culture, science, and philology. Born on October 15, 1844, Nietzsche began […]
Oct 06, 2018 · The complicated ideas contained in the books were of no use to him, but catch phrases such as “the blond beast”, the Übermensch (neither of which is a racial concept) and “beyond good and evil”...
- Sue Prideaux
- related to: what were nietzsche's ideas quotes about women