U.S. News analyzed 150 metro areas in the United States to find the best places to live based on quality of life and the job market in each metro area, as well as the value of living there...
- Capitol Hill & H Street corridor. Perfect for history buffs and those that really want to live in the epicenter of everything that Washington DC offers.
- Southwest Waterfront & the Wharf. Perfect for seafood lovers and the artsy folk looking for a neighborhood with the best of the land and the sea. The Southwest Waterfront and the Wharf are one of our very top places to live in Washington DC–actually it’s our top second place.
- Dupont Circle & Logan Circle. Perfect for young and single professionals looking to live in one of the best areas in Washington DC. We've finally reached our top three!
- Georgetown. Perfect for nature lovers that want the big city life with quaint town vibes. Georgetown is probably the most picturesque area in Washington DC.
Washington D.C. is a vibrant city full of history and culture. Visit the iconic landmarks like the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, or the Smithsonian Museums - all within walking distance of each other. Explore famous monuments such as The Washington Monument or take a tour of Capitol Hill and experience our nation's political history firsthand.
#1 Best Places to Live in Washington, D.C. Area Colonial Village Neighborhood in Arlington, VA A+ Overall Niche Grade A+ Public Schools Population 2,895 View nearby homes #2 Best Places to Live in Washington, D.C. Area North Bethesda Suburb in Maryland • 45 reviews
People also ask
What is there to do in the DC metro area?
What's so special about the DC housing market?
Is Georgetown a good place to live?
- Columbia Heights offers good eats and diversity. Located in Northwest DC, you’ll find a great neighborhood called Columbia Heights. This area is known for offering a wonderful mixture of homey vibes and diversity.
- Capitol Hill contains much more than just government buildings. When most people think of Capitol Hill, places like the Supreme Court and the US House and Senate come to mind.
- Chinatown is a small but lively neighborhood in DC. While Chinatown might not be big in terms of area, it’s got a lot of heart, which makes it one of the best DC neighborhoods.
- Georgetown is one of the more historic neighborhoods in DC. History comes alive when you live in Georgetown. This historic DC neighborhood dates to Colonial times.
Apr 27, 2021 · One of the best places to live in DC! Local Favorites: The John f. Kennedy Center of the Performing Arts: Enjoy live performances of dance, theatre, and music at this performing arts center honoring John F. Kennedy. Founding Farmers: Located close to the White House, this restaurant serves American cuisine made from scratch in a rustic setting.