Browse the top black gospel artists to find new music. Scrobble songs to get recommendations on tracks you'll love.
- See You Again – Anthony Evans. This song knocked me out when I first heard it. I decided this was the gospel song I was finally going to try in my church.
- Way Maker – Sinach. This is one of those songs that unexpectedly takes the world by storm. Nearly every worship band and major Christian artist has covered it by now, and it will continue its rise in 2021.
- Every Praise – Hezekiah Walker. You see, there’s just certain I can’t pull off when I lead worship. Like call and response. Walker performs this masterfully.
- You Are Good – Israel Houghton. There’s a reason this guy’s named after the Promised Land. That’s exactly where he takes you with his high-energy vocals and ridiculously good guitar playing.
As a recognizable style unto itself, black gospel music largely ceased to develop around the 1970s; progressing racial attitudes had helped black popular music reach wider audiences (and become more lucrative) than ever before, and tastes had turned towards the earthy hedonism of funk and the highly arranged, sophisticated Philly soul sound.
- Hezekiah Walker. Bishop Hezekiah Walker is the founder and Senior Pastor of the Love Fellowship Tabernacle church (LFC) with locations in Brooklyn, NY, Bensalem, PA, Long Island, NY, Lilburn, GA and Columbia, SC.
- Mary Mary. Sisters Erica and Tina Atkins make up the duo known to the world as Mary Mary. These ladies have won awards from BET, the Doves, the Grammys, the NAACP, Soul Train and the Stellars.
- Donald Lawrence. Grammy Award-winning producer, composer and recording artist Donald Lawrence has spent the past 20 years giving us music to love. He's been the driving force behind the Tri-City Singers (made up of singers from the Carolina cities of Charlotte, Gastonia and Spartanburg) and The Co.
- Kirk Franklin. Since 1993, the name Kirk Franklin has been synonymous with Urban Gospel music. He has won 3 Grammy Awards, 14 Doves, 33 Stellars and 3 NAACP Image Awards.
People also ask
What are some good gospel artists?
Who are some famous gospel singers?
What are some great gospel songs?
The tag or term "black gospel" consist of popular praise music or gospel with a soft and soulful sound. The artists are usually African-American, hence "black gospel", however, it's been known to have artists of multiple ethnic backgrounds who can sing and praise God in the same way. View wiki.
But in recent years, a handful of gospel artists have raised the global awareness of black gospel music by creating popular songs that exalt God, remain worshipful, and are catchy tunes as well. We’ve put together a list of black gospel songs that you should be listening to in 2021.
Religious » Traditional Gospel » Black Gospel While many white musicians gravitated toward country, folk, and old-timey music to express their spirituality outside of traditional Christian hymns, Black Gospel music drew heavily upon the traditional spirituals that had been passed down from the days of slavery, picking up its more driving ...
Some of the best old school black gospel songs.
We recommend you to check other playlists or our favorite music charts. If you enjoyed listening to this one, maybe you will like: New Gospel Music 2021 - La...
- related to: who are some black gospel artists and songs
music.amazon.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month