- The film stars Bill Murray as Steve Zissou, an eccentric oceanographer who sets out to exact revenge on the "leopard shark" that ate his partner Esteban. Zissou is both a parody of and homage to French diving pioneer Jacques Cousteau , to whom the film is dedicated.
People also ask
Who directed the Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou?
Who killed Steve Zissou?
What is Steve Zissou Life Aquatic?
What inspired Steve Zissou?
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is a 2004 American comedy-drama film written by Wes Anderson and Noah Baumbach and directed by Anderson. It is Anderson's fourth feature-length film and was released in the United States on December 25, 2004.
- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou was inspired by a single image director and co-writer Wes Anderson had of seeing the inner workings of a boat cut in half.
- Anderson was also inspired to make the movie because of one of his childhood heroes: Jacques-Yves Cousteau, the popular oceanographer and adventurer.
- Cousteau can also be found in other Wes Anderson movies: Max Fischer, the lead character from Rushmore, finds an inscription in the book Diving for Sunken Treasure by Jacques-Yves Cousteau and Philippe Diole, which leads him to Miss Cross.
- Besides the Cousteau influence, the now-famous blue polyester Team Zissou uniforms were also inspired by the uniforms worn by the characters on the U.S.S.
Steve Zissou : [introducing his 'son' Ned to Oseary Drakoulias only a few seconds after Steve himself met Ned] Oseary, this is probably my son Ned. Steve Zissou : [after pirates have boarded his ship, being bound and blindfolded]
Dec 25, 2004 · When his partner is killed by the mysterious and possibly nonexistent Jaguar Shark, Steve Zissou (Bill Murray) and his Team Zissou crew set off for an expedition to hunt down the creature. Along with his estranged wife, a beautiful journalist and a co-pilot who could possibly be Zissou's son, the crew set off for one wild expedition.
- Wes Anderson
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. 169,450 likes · 68 talking about this. With a plan to exact revenge on a mythical shark that killed his partner, oceanographer Steve Zissou rallies a crew that...
Wes Anderson’s indie adventure, comedy-drama The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004) is a wonderful little odyssey about journeying into your feelings. Wes Anderson and Noah Baumbach’s script is full of introspection and self-discovery as they ruminate on what makes a good man.
May 21, 2012 · Celebrity oceanographer / documentarian Steve Zissou has just premiered his latest and most tragic film to an audience that responds with a distinct lack of interest. Steve emerges from a post-screening Q&A session that has gone no better, and that’s where the scene begins.
Apr 23, 2018 · In 2004’s The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, the pirates that steal Ned’s money and Bill Ubell, the bond company stooge, leave their three-legged dog behind, an event of which causes Steve to curse at thoroughly, as if left with a burden.
- related to: who is steve zissou