What is the NXIVM case?
- Here Are the Major Players in the Case This video cannot be played because of a technical error. (Error Code: 102006) A fter a lurid six-week trial, the former NXIVM leader Keith Raniere was convicted on Wednesday of charges that include sex trafficking and forced labor conspiracy.
Jul 21, 2021 · The leader of a secret sex cult has been ordered to pay victims $3.4m in damages, according to court documents.. The head of the group Nxivm, Keith Raniere, 60, has been instructed to pay ...
- Clara Hill
- Beliefs and Practices
- Notable NXIVM Participants
- Films, Documentaries and Books
- External Links
Before founding NXIVM, Raniere created Consumers Buyline, a business venture that the New York Attorney General accused of having been a pyramid scheme; Raniere signed a consent order in 1996 in which he denied any wrongdoing but agreed to pay a $40,000 fine and to be permanently banned from "promoting, offering or granting participation in a chain distribution scheme".
In NXIVM classes, rank was displayed through colored sashes, similar to colored belts in martial arts. NXIVM drew up a 12-point "Mission Statement" which participants recited during classes, pledging to "purge" themselves "of all parasite and envy-based habits", to enroll others, and to "ethically control as much of the money, wealth and resources of the world as possible within my success plan".Photographs of Raniere and Nancy Salzman were displayed during classes, which would conclude with participants showing gratitude to the two leaders. NXIVM conducted "Intensives" classes for 12 hours daily for 16 days. One cited price was $7,500. Classes were divided into modules. In one module, "Relationship Sourcing", students were instructed to explore the benefits they would receive in the event of a partner's sudden death. Another module, "Dracula and his ghouls", reportedly discussed psychopaths and their followers. Other module titles included "Best People; Perfect World" and "The Hero...
Edgar Boone, the scion of a wealthy family, introduced NXIVM to numerous affluent Mexicans, becoming head of NXIVM-Mexico and rising to third in the NXIVM organization. Clare Bronfman, daughter of billionaire Seagrams chairman Edgar Bronfman Sr., was introduced to NXIVM by her sister Sara. Clare Bronfman was arrested by federal agents on July 24, 2018, in New York City and charged with money laundering and identity theft in connection with NXIVM activities. She pleaded not guilty in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York in Brooklyn. She was released on $100 million bond and placed on house arrest with electronic monitoring. On April 19, 2019, Clare Bronfman pleaded guilty to conspiracy to conceal and harbor illegal aliens for financial gain and fraudulent use of identification; she faced 21 to 27 months in prison and has agreed to forfeit $6 million.On September 30, 2020, she was sentenced to six years, nine months in prison by a federal judge. Sara B...
1. A&E Investigates: Cults and Extreme Belief aired its premier 1 hour episode, "NXIVM", featuring interviews of former members Sarah Edmondsonand Mark Vicente, on May 28, 2018. 2. Investigation Discovery released a two-hour special, The Lost Women of NXIVMon June 20, 2019. 3. HBO released a docuseries about NXIVM titled The Vow; it premiered on August 23, 2020. 4. Starz released a docuseries about NXIVM titled Seduced: Inside the NXIVM Cult; it premiered on October 18, 2020. 5. NXIVM was the...
1. Oxenberg, Catherine; Stoynoff, Natasha (August 7, 2018). Captive: A Mother's Crusade to Save Her Daughter from a Terrifying Cult. 978-1982100650. ISBN 978-1982100650. 2. Edmondson, Sarah; Gasbarre, Kristine (September 17, 2019). Scarred: The True Story of How I Escaped NXIVM, the Cult That Bound My Life. Chronicle Prism. ISBN 978-1452184265. 3. Natalie, Toni (September 24, 2019). The Program: Inside the Mind of Keith Raniere and the Rise and Fall of NXIVM. Grand Central Publishing. ISBN 97...
1. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation released a podcast in 2018 on NXIVM as part of CBC season 1 of the series Uncover. 2. NBC aired Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Season 20, Episode 5 entitled “Accredo” based on the details of this cult. The episode aired October 18, 2018. 3. Catherine Oxenberg produced a film for Lifetime about her daughter's experiences with NXIVM. It is titled Escaping the NXIVM Cult: A Mother's Fight to Save Her Daughter and aired on September 21, 2019. While Catheri...Website of Keith RaniereThree critical articles pertaining to the NXIVM v. Ross InstitutelawsuitTimes Union Special Report on NXIVM
People also ask
What is the NXIVM case?
Who are the members of Nxivm who have been charged?
Who are the NXIVM co-founders?
Who is the NXIVM leader charged with keeping women as slaves?
Jul 20, 2021 · Leader of Nxivm Sex Cult Ordered to Pay $3.4 Million to Victims The compensation to 21 victims includes payments to remove brandings of Keith Raniere’s initials that were seared into some women ...
Jun 19, 2019 · A fter a lurid six-week trial, the former NXIVM leader Keith Raniere was convicted on Wednesday of charges that include sex trafficking and forced labor conspiracy. He faces up to life in prison ...
Jul 28, 2021 · Related video: NXIVM cult leader ordered to pay millions to victims Salzman testified about being held down in 2017 while another Raniere devotee used a cauterizing pen to etch his initials into an area near her pelvis, describing a bizarre initiation procedure.
15. From the time of its inception through in or about Spring 2017, DOS masters recruited slaves mostly from within Nxivm's ranks. When identifying prospective According to various sources of information, DOS stands for "Dominus Obsequious Sororium," which at least one DOS slave was told by her master translates to "Master Over the Slave Women."