Greek (TV series) Greek. (TV series) Greek ( typographically stylized as GRΣΣK) is an American comedy-drama television series that aired on ABC Family from July 9, 2007, to March 7, 2011. The series follows students of the fictitious Cyprus-Rhodes University (CRU), located in Ohio, who participate in the school's Greek system .
The show's plots often take place within the confines of the...
Filmed primarily in Los Angeles, the show was also filmed on...
Rusty Cartwright is a freshman at Cyprus-Rhodes University...
Finally ERT incorporated YENED. TV 100 (1988) is the first non-state TV station in Greece. It belongs to the Municipality of Thessaloniki, founded in 1988 by the then mayor of the city Sotiris Kouvelas, who served as mayor until 1989 and a year later, he founded TV station with national coverage in Athens.
People also ask
When did private TV channels start in Greece?
Which is the most famous Greek TV series?
Where does the TV series Greek take place?
When did the Greek government legalize TV and radio?
In 1989, Greek television entered in a new period, the period of private television. The first private TV channels started to broadcast in 1989. The period 1995–2009 is the best period of the Greek television and frequently characterized as the golden age of the Greek TV.
- International Local Greek Channels
- Defunct Channels
Public National Channels
1. ERT1 2. ERT2 3. ERT3 4. Vouli TV (National network with programming produced by the Hellenic Parliament)
Private National Channels OTA
1. Alpha TV 2. ANT1 3. Makedonia TV 4. Mega Channel 5. Open TV 6. Skai TV 7. Star Channel
Private Subscription Channels
1. Cosmote Cinema(Premium movie channel with 4 channels) 2. Cosmote History 3. Cosmote Sport(Premium sports service with 10 channels) 4. MAD (Cosmote TV) 5. MAD Viral (Cosmote TV) 6. MAD Greekz (Nova) 7. MAD World 8. Nova Cinema(Premium movie service with 4 channels) 9. Nova Life 10. Nova Sports(Premium sports service with 6 channels) 11. One Channel(Online Only) 12. Village Cinema (Cosmote TV)
1. Armed Forces Information Service 2. Cine+ 3. Sport+ 4. Prisma+ 5. Info+ 6. Studio+ 7. DT 8. DT 2 9. DT HD 10. NERIT 11. NERIT Sports 12. NERIT Plus 13. NERIT HD 14. ERT Sports
Private National Channels
1. 902 TV 2. Alter Channel 3. Tempo TV
Private Subscription Channels
1. FX 2. Greek Business Channel 3. Holidays in Greece TV 4. MTV Music Greece 5. Universal Channel
New Greek TV (NGTV) is an American Greek language television channel broadcasting from studios in Astoria, New York. It launched in December 1987 as 'National Greek Television' on Time Warner Cable by its founder Demetris Kastanas. NGTV was the first-ever television channel catering to Greek-Americans, airing a mix of original programming ...
- Spinoff channels
MTV Greece was a Greek free-to-air television channel launched on 1 September 2008, replacing Smart TV. Owned by Viacom International, it closed down suddenly on 11 January 2016, one year prior the proper MTV copyrights come to an end, despite the good ratings. It was replaced by RISE TV on terrestrial television. Also, it OTE TV and NOVA subscription providers, it was replaced by MTV Europe and MTV Live HD. MTV Greece used to air mainly British, American and Greek music, MTV original shows like
The channel combined local and international music, and aired international MTV shows including Jackass, Pimp My Ride, When I Was 17, If You Really Knew Me, My Super Sweet 16, Viva La Bam, Life of Ryan, 16 and Pregnant, as well as some original content produced exclusively for Greece.
Launched on 18 October 2009, MTV Plus was a regional channel available in Thessaloniki. Its programming was similar to its sister channel MTV Greece. On 13 December 2011 it was replaced by Nickelodeon Plus.
Launched on 7 October 2009, MTV Music was a 24-hour music channel playing non-stop music videos, live performances and artist interviews. It closed on 2011 and was replaced by MTV Greece and, from 17 October 2011, MTV HD.
MTV was closed from Greece territories in 11 January 2016 and replaced by Rise.