- on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons
- External Links to Online and Uploadable Maps
- Other External Links
Several useful "starter" maps for modification: 1. Image:Blank US Map with borders.svg, a blank states maps with borders. 2. Image:BlankMap-USA.png, a map with no borders and states separated by transparency. 3. Image:USA labelled map.svg, a map with two-letter state abbreviations. 4. Image:US map - geographic.png, a geographical map. On Wikimedia Commons, a free online media resource: 1. commons:Category:Maps of the United States, the category for all maps with subcategories. On Wikipedia itself: 1. Category:Maps of the United Statesfor maps of all varieties by subcategory. 2. Category:Geography of the United States, for general articles on the topic.
Online maps and atlases of the US
1. The National Atlas of the United States of America 2. The National Map from the USGS 3. US Census Bureau map products 4. MapQuest World Atlas - United States 5. Microsoft/Encarta/Expedia World Atlaswith atlas for North America to street level. 6. Multimap World Atlas - United States 7. Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection - United Stateshas an extensive online collection of scanned maps of the US.
Online historical maps and atlases of the US
1. Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection - United States has an extensive online collection of scanned historical maps of the US, and a list of other map sites. 2. Charting North America, maps and atlases in the New York Public Library Digital Collection 3. Online digitized versions of many 18th- and 19th-century American atlases, as well as the 1897 Rand McNally Indexed Atlas of the World and many other maps, can be found at DavidRumsey.com. 4. Hipkiss' Scanned Old Mapsfrom Atlases and any...
File:Map of USA with state names.svg. Size of this PNG preview of this SVG file: 800 × 495 pixels. Other resolutions: 320 × 198 pixels | 640 × 396 pixels | 1,024 × 633 pixels | 1,280 × 791 pixels | 2,560 × 1,583 pixels | 959 × 593 pixels. . This is a file from the Wikimedia Commons. Information from its description page there is shown below.
The term "United States", when used in the geographical sense, is the contiguous United States, the state of Alaska, the island state of Hawaii, the five insular territories of Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa, and minor outlying possessions. The United States shares land borders with Canada and Mexico and maritime borders with Russia, Cuba, the Bahamas, and other countries, in addition to Canada and Mexico. The northern border of the United St
The United States of America (U.S.A. or USA), commonly known as the United States (U.S. or US) or America, is a country primarily located in North America.It consists of 50 states, a federal district, five major unincorporated territories, 326 Indian reservations, and some minor possessions.
A map of the United States showing its 50 states, federal district and five inhabited territories The United States of America is a federal republic consisting of 50 states, a federal district (Washington, D.C., the capital city of the United States), five major territories, and various minor islands.
Feb 22, 2020 · The United States of America, also referred to in short form as the United States, the USA, the U.S., and colloquially as America, is a country in North America that extends from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean, and shares land borders with Canada (including Quebec) and Mexico. To the west of Alaska lies Russia, to the south and east of ...
- North America
- United States
- United States of America
- Independent country since 1776 (recognized 1783). Permanent Member of the UN Security Council.
People also ask
What are the 50 states in the US?
What US city has the largest population?
Are there 50 or 52 states in America?
What cities are in the US?
The continental United States is the area of the United States of America that is located in the continent of North America.It includes 49 of the 50 states (48 of which are located south of Canada and north of Mexico, known as the "lower 48 states", the other being Alaska) and the District of Columbia, which contains the federal capital, Washington, D.C.
File:USA Maryland location map.svg. Size of this PNG preview of this SVG file: 800 × 509 pixels. Other resolutions: 320 × 204 pixels | 640 × 407 pixels | 1,024 × 652 pixels | 1,280 × 815 pixels | 2,560 × 1,630 pixels | 1,200 × 764 pixels. This is a file from the Wikimedia Commons. Information from its description page there is shown below.
State Also known as: Commonwealth (the self-designation of four states) Category Federated state Location United States Number 50 Populations Smallest: Wyoming, 576,851 Largest: California, 39,538,223 Areas Smallest: Rhode Island, 1,545 square miles (4,000 km 2) Largest: Alaska, 665,384 square miles (1,723,340 km 2) Government State government Subdivisions County (or equivalent) In the United ...