His score was the highest that had ever been obtained. In terms of IQ, the psychologist related that the figure would be between 250 and 300. Late in life William Sidis took general intelligence tests for Civil Service positions in New York and Boston. His phenomenal ratings are matter of record.
I very much doubt it. If you consider that an IQ of 130 or more puts you in the top 2% of the population. An IQ of 250 would make you so much an outlier that you have an IQ greater than the rest of the world by a significant amount.
People also ask
What was the IQ of William James Sidis?
How old was William James Sidis when he wrote his first book?
Who are some famous people with high IQs?
How old was William Sidis when he went to Harvard?
- His first year. He started feeding himself at eight months with a spoon and learned the alphabet from blocks hanging in his crib. And by the time he turned one, he was able to spell a plethora of impressive vocabulary words.
- Learning Abilities. At the age of six he learned Aristotelian logic and became an extreme atheist after studying all of the religions. But the most fascinating skill he had was total recall of everything he read, otherwise known as a photographic memory.
- Linguistic Capabilities. When he was six, Sidis learned Russian, French, German, Hebrew, Turkish, and Armenian. He also invented a language called Vendergood and could learn a whole language in a single day.
- Mathematical Prowess. He lectured Harvard Mathematical Club on Four-Dimensional Bodies when he was 11. After the lecture on Four-Dimensional Bodies, Professor Daniel Comstock of MIT told reporters that William Sidis would someday be the greatest mathematician of the century.
William James Sidis IQ score is estimated at 250 – 300, which is considered as a super genius and in top 0.1% of the population in the world.William James Sidis was a child prodigy in America who lived from April 1, 1898 to July 17, 1944.
Almost certainly not. First of all the only estimates I know about were by his sister who would not be the most unbiased person at all. Further there were and are today absolutely no tests that could measure that putative IQ.
- Ramarni Wilfred. Ramarni has an IQ score of 162, higher than Albert Einstein’s and Stephen Hawking’s. The 16-year-old boy, whose IQ is also higher than Bill Gates, was only 10 when he wrote a paper on the philosophy of fairness, Face 2 Face Africa reports.
- Anala Beevers. At just four years old, Anala Beevers possessed an IQ of over 145. She could identify each letter of the alphabet when she was just 10 months.
- Alannah George. Alannah, who has an IQ score of 140, is the youngest member of Mensa from the United Kingdom. The four-year-old girl has an obsession for words and numbers.
- Stephen Hawking (IQ Score: 160) This man needs no introduction. Considered one of the greatest minds of our time, Stephen Hawking was a professor, author and world-renowned theoretical physicist.
- Albert Einstein (IQ Score: 160-190) Speaking of ‘symbols of knowledge’, the name of this scientist is actually synonymous with genius. It cannot be denied that he shaped the future of science.
- Judit Polgar (IQ Score: 170) Chess Grandmasters rarely aren’t geniuses, and by rarely, I mean never. Judit Polgar became the youngest one at the age of 15 and still proudly holds that record.
- Philip Emeagwali (IQ Score: 190) Philip Emeagwali is a Nigerian-born engineer, mathematician, computer scientist and geologist. He left school at an early age of 13 due to the Nigerian-Biafran War.
1. William James Sidis – 250 – 300 IQ. William James Sidis’ IQ was not clearly identified. However, experts assumed that his IQ was between 250 and 300. That means he was a person who has the highest IQ score in history. He was born in 1898 and began to learn math at Harvard University when he was 11.
- Albert Einstein (IQ Score between 160 and 190) Albert Einstein is one of the most famous scientists of all time, however, he didn’t have the highest IQ ever recorded.
- Stephen Hawking (IQ Score of 160) Stephen Hawking is someone you’ve undoubtedly heard about and know something about. He was a once in a generation scientist who perfectly balanced his scientific endeavors along with connecting science to the general public.
- William James Sidis (IQ score between 250-300) This American was born into a family of New York City intellectuals. William James Sidis (1898 – 1944) was gifted from an extremely young age.
- Terence Tao (IQ score between 225 and 230) This Australian-American mathematician was born in 1975 in the Australian city of Adelaide. His parents emigrated from Hong Kong to Australia.
- related to: william james sidis (iq score between 250-300)
discount99.us has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month