People also ask
Is Ryder in Stranger Things?
Is Winona Ryder on Instagram?
Who plays joyce byers on stranger things?
Is Winona Ryder off-kilter?
Winona Laura Horowitz (born October 29, 1971), known professionally as Winona Ryder, is an American actress who plays Joyce Byers in the Netflix original series, Stranger Things. Notable films Ryder has appeared in include Heathers (1988), Beetlejuice (1988), Edward Scissorhands (1990), Reality Bites (1994) and A Scanner Darkly (2006).
- 3 min
Stranger Things season 4 has been a long time coming. New episodes of the Netflix series were last released back in 2019, and fans are clamouring for more ...
Total Film Magazine via Yahoo News
6 days ago
- Gaten Matarazzo Says Filming Stranger Things Season 4 Is 'a Slower Process than Usual' amid COVIDPeople via Yahoo News2 weeks ago
- Everything We Know About Stranger Things Season 4People via Yahoo News1 month ago
- David Harbour Says Season 4 of Stranger Things Is His 'Favorite' for His Character Jim HopperPeople via Yahoo News1 month ago
- Winona Ryder Lists Her Dutch Colonial San Francisco Home for $5 MillionRobb Report via Yahoo News2 months ago
- Millie Bobby Brown reveals the important advice she got from Winona Ryder while making 'Stranger Things'Entertainment Weekly via Yahoo News1 year ago
Winona Ryder on Stranger Things - YouTube Winona talks about the popularity of her Netflix show “Stranger Things” and she explains how she inadvertently became the face of the Netflix price...
- 4 min
- Jimmy Kimmel Live
Jan 31, 2017 · One of the most endearing parts of Winona Ryder's press circuit alongside her child co-stars in Stranger Things was how completely oblivious she was to the streaming platform for which the show was...
- Nicki Swift
- Anya Wassenberg
- She Was Drawn To The Story Initially Because Of The Real Life Abduction Story Of Polly Klaas. The story had special significance for Winona. In 1993, Polly Klaas, a 12-year, was abducted from her home in Petaluma, CA, and later found murdered.
- Winona's Costumes Have Become Fan Favorites For Their 80s Style. Joyce's casual 80s wardrobe - heavy on corduroy and denims - has become a fan favorite.
- She Misses The Cast When They're Between Seasons. While there are rumors about fights and conflict on the sets of many TV shows, the Stranger Things cast gets along like one big family.
- It's The First Time Winona Has Experienced Being On A Hit TV Show. Winona's had her share of Hollywood success early on in her career. But, TV was a new world when she first signed on for the role of Joyce.
Jul 15, 2016 · Created by Matt Duffer, Ross Duffer. With Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, Winona Ryder, David Harbour. When a young boy disappears, his mother, a police chief and his friends must confront terrifying supernatural forces in order to get him back.
- 51 sec
- The ‘Winonaissance’
- The Early Noughties ‘Tough Times’
- Settling Down
If it wasn’t for Stranger Things, the Netflix science-fiction horror series, which has become a cultural phenomenon, that is probably where Ryder would have remained. An 80s throwback, Stranger Thingsis an homage to classic Steven Spielberg. And casting Ryder, the quintessential 80s teen outsider, in the lead adult role – a mother deranged by grief when her son goes missing – was a stroke of brilliance. A ‘Winonaissance’, as it’s been called. ‘It’s so overwhelming,’ says Ryder of the reception to the show, which is soon to return for a second season. ‘I don’t know what it’s like for really famous people… I keep hearing that people are dressing up like me [as her character Joyce]. I’m like, “What?”’ We meet at a house in Beverly Hills with sweeping views towards the Pacific, where the Marie Clairecover shoot is taking place. Although only a handful of people are present, at first I don’t even recognise Ryder. It’s a chilly day and she has wrapped her petite frame in multiple layers:...
Her parents were also there to help pick up the pieces when she temporarily threw in the acting towel after her shoplifting trial in 2002, and returned to San Francisco. ‘My hiatus,’ she says, rolling her eyes. ‘Whatever they want to call it – I did take time off. It was mutual, I think. I just went through a tough time.’ It didn’t help that the early noughties were not really the era for a counter-culture rebel like Ryder, and she had to stand aside for a succession of perfect girl-next-door types – the Jennifers, the Gwyneths, the Reeses. But it did show her that there was more to life than Hollywood. ‘I’m not in any way comparing myself to Daniel Day-Lewis [who recently announced his retirement from acting], but you do become interested in other things.’ So, Ryder became immersed in the study of constitutional law, sitting in on lectures at Berkeley College – ‘There were a lot of laws that I disagreed with’ – and for a few days even joined environmental activist Julia Butterfly H...
The actress once said she would rather never marry than have a marriage that one day ends in divorce. Have her parents set the bar so high, she feels she can never emulate their relationship? ‘They are madly in love, they’re like teenagers. It’s embarrassing sometimes,’ sighs Ryder affectionately. ‘I’ve had relationships that haven’t worked out. But when you have that as your gold [standard], and you know that’s the way it should be…’ She shakes her head, ‘Oh, man!’ Ryder has just shot an independent movie called Destination Wedding with Keanu Reeves – the fourth time they’ve appeared in a film together. (‘He’s a really old friend of mine. Most of my friends are friends that I’ve had since I was 15.’) And there is already talk of a third – and perhaps even a fourth – season of Stranger Things, although she is reluctant to think too far ahead. Where does she see herself in ten or even 20 years’ time? ‘I honestly don’t know if the world is going to exist then,’ says Ryder. ‘Everything...
Feel-Good results for winona ryder stranger things