Apr 14, 2021 · 20 Inspiring Quotes from Winston Churchill: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference.” “Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.” “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
- Zoe B
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.Democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been experienced in history.The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.Never, never, never give in!War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can’t smile, grin. If you can’t grin, keep out of the way till you can.Before Alamein we never had a victory. After Alamein we never had a defeat.Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings so that you shall gain easily by what others have labored hard for.It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.If it weren’t for painting, I wouldn’t live; I couldn’t bear the extra strain of things.Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with it is a toy then an amusement. Then it becomes a mistress, and then it becomes a master, and then it becomes a tyrant and, in the last stage, just as y...Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.Personally, I’m always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
- Democracy and History
- Leadership and War
- Funny Quotes
Apr 14, 2021 · 29) Lady Astor: “Winston, if I were your wife I’d put poison in your coffee.” Winston Churchill: “Nancy, if I were your husband I’d drink it.” 28) “When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.” 27) “If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once.
- “I can deal with Stalin. He is honest, but smart as hell.”— President Harry Truman, diary entry, July 17, 1945.
- “In summary, we have here [in the Soviet Union] a political force committed fanatically to the belief that with US there can be no permanent modus vivendi that it is desirable and necessary that the internal harmony of our society be disrupted, our traditional way of life be destroyed, the international authority of our state be broken, if Soviet power is to be secure.
- “From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic an iron curtain has descended across the Continent.”— Winston Churchill, address at Westminster College, Fulton, Missouri, March 5, 1946.
- “I believe that it must be the policy of the United States to support free peoples who are resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities or by outside pressures.
Apr 03, 2021 · Sir Winston Churchill, two-time British Prime Minister (both 1940–1945 and 1951–1955), made numerous statements on race throughout his life both before, during, and after his career in British politics and in office. Churchill's views were hardly unique among his contemporaries.
Mar 23, 2021 · Leadership is more of an art or a skill rather than a science. Here are some quotes from leaders that will keep you going to becoming the person you should be. 1. “Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it to be.”
Mar 25, 2021 · "A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." Mark Twain, Winston Churchill, Thomas Jefferson, Ann Landers, et al. never said these words. The phrase is an alteration of one made by Jonathan Swift: Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it.
Mar 30, 2021 · Adding a couple of quotes about giving to your thank you note is the perfect way to personalize your thank you message. Think about what exactly you are thanking this person for and take this chance to customize your greeting even more. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” —Winston Churchill
Mar 30, 2021 · 54. “This is no time for ease and comfort. It is time to dare and endure.” – Winston Churchill. 55. “He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty.” – Lao Tzu. 56. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius. 57.
- related to: winston churchill quotes