Apr 29, 2021 · Women's college basketball: Top 25 players for 2021-22 Baylor's NaLyssa Smith averaged 18.0 points and 8.9 rebounds last season, with 13 double-doubles. One of the game's most electric players ...
- Charlie Creme
Draws For 2021-23 FIBA World Cup Qualifiers Announced, USA Drawn Into Americas Group D With Cuba, Mexico and Puerto Rico
The Women’s National Basketball Players Association (“WNBPA”) was officially formed on November 6, 1998. The Association is comprised of all WNBA players and is governed by an Executive Committee and Player Representatives from each WNBA team. As the first labor union comprised of professional women athletes, the WNBPA enjoys a unique ...
- Lisa Leslie (1997-2009) Lisa Leslie was a charter member of the WNBA in 1997 and players today are still trying to match the game she executed each night on the court.
- Diana Taurasi (2004-Present) In terms of pure numbers, it’s mighty hard to argue with Diana Taurasi. Arguably the best guard in WNBA history, she’s a three-time champion who has averaged 19.6 points per game in a career that has lasted 15 seasons so far.
- Maya Moore (2011-Present) Sports Illustrated has called Maya Moore the greatest winner in women’s basketball history — and it’s very hard to argue against that claim.
- Tamika Catchings (2002-2016) Indiana Fever icon Tamika Catchings is joining the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame in 2020 and it was an easy call for the voting committee.
Hartford Courant via Yahoo
UConn women’s basketball alums Stefanie Dolson, Azurá Stevens win WNBA championship with Chicago Sky
Two more Huskies are WNBA champions again. Former UConn women’s basketball standouts Stefanie Dolson (2010-14) and Azurá Stevens (2017-18) earned their first WNBA titles as ...
3 hours ago
Baltimore Sun via Yahoo
Facing a tough schedule, Maryland women’s basketball shows no fear in hunt for NCAA championship
Maryland women’s basketball is afraid of no one. The Terps made that very clear by scheduling four likely top-10 teams in their nonconference schedule. Maryland, picked fourth ...
3 days ago
Hartford Courant via Yahoo
UConn women’s basketball team revels in return to Gampel Pavilion in front of raucous student crowd
For nearly 20 months, Gampel Pavilion lay mostly empty, aside from a sparse crowd of family and friends permitted in to watch the UConn women’s basketball team in action.
2 days ago
- Seimone Augustus, Forward, LSU. A two-time Naismith and Wooden Award winner, Augustus also enjoyed plenty of NCAA Tournament success with the Tigers in the 2000s.
- Jennifer Azzi, Guard, Stanford. One of the greatest guards in college basketball and WNBA history, Azzi owns the highest career three-point percentage (55.8, 29 of 52 over 10 games) in the tournament's history during her run with the Cardinal in the late 1980s.
- Skylar Diggins, Guard, Notre Dame. Diggins never won a national championship during her time at Notre Dame, but she reached the Final Four three consecutive years, from 2011-13, and the national title game twice.
- Sylvia Fowles, Center, LSU. During Fowles' four years (2005-08) at LSU, a portion of which she played with Seimone Augustus, the Tigers made the Final Four each season.
People also ask
Who are some famous female basketball players?
Who are the top 10 WNBA players?
Who is the tallest women in the WNBA?
Can girls play basketball?
Sep 02, 2021 · USA Basketball Notes. Gold Medal: 2021 FIBA U19 World Cup As a member of the 2021 USA Basketball U19 World Cup Team, averaged 5.9 ppg. and 4.9 rpg, helping the USA to a 7-0 record and gold medal at the 2021 FIBA U19 World Cup in Debrecen, Hungary.
- Bismarck, ND