- Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The number one spot goes to Joss Whedon’s masterpiece. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, based on the 1992 film by the same name, is the story of Buffy Summers, played by Sarah Michelle Gellar, a teenage girl who discovers she is the slayer, a woman gifted with superhuman strength, reflexes and is cursed to battle all of the minions of darkness.
- Supernatural. Supernatural Is the longest running primetime dark fantasy series in television history and for good reason. Over the course of its 14 seasons on the CW the series has gone through many transformations as it dares to go where no series has ever dared to go.
- Penny Dreadful. If I were to measure the success of a television show based on the number of seasons it aired, Penny Dreadful would be at the bottom of this list, but during its three seasons on Showtime the 2014 series blew audiences away with its style, action, intrigue, and sex appeal.
- True Blood. If I had to sum up True Blood in one word, it would be 'sexy.' The HBO series ran for seven seasons, which began in 2008, and is based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries series of novels by Charlaine Harris.
9 The Queen's Gambit. The exciting miniseries The Queen's Gambit, which has become the toast of Netflix — and chess set makers — chronicles real-life chess prodigy Beth Harmon ( Anya Taylor-Joy) who, after being orphaned by her parents, overcomes a painful struggle with addiction to become the greatest chess player the world has ever seen.
Jun 22, 2016 · And yet, problems aside, American Gothic is still fairly watchable, and you'll find yourself wanting to know who did it in spite of your better judgment. Madsen is effectively chilly as the family matriarch with shadowy motives, and the child actor playing her death-obsessed grandson adds some uncomfortably dark humor to the proceedings.
- Virginia Madsen, Antony Starr, Justin Chatwin
Jan 31, 2021 · 5 Cloak & Dagger (2016 - 2018) Even though it's a Marvel superhero series, Cloak & Dagger is saturated with Southern Gothic elements. Olivia Holt plays Dagger, and Aubrey Joseph co-stars as Cloak. These teenagers, connected by a tragedy from their childhoods, realize their superpowers are enhanced when they team up.
People also ask
What is American Gothic on Netflix about?
Is there such a thing as great Gothic TV?
Is ‘Southern Gothic’ based on a true story?
What are the best teen TV shows on Netflix?