- Daryl Palumbo
- Geoff Rickly
- Afghanistan. Date of Admission: 19-11-1946.
- Albania. Date of Admission: 14-12-1955.
- Algeria. Date of Admission: 08-10-1962.
- Andorra. Date of Admission: 28-07-1993.
1 Original members 2 Current members 3 Former members 3.1 Republic of China (1945–1971) 3.1.1 Bids for readmission as the representative of Taiwan 3.2 States that no longer exist 3.2.1 Czechoslovakia (1945–1992) 3.2.2 German Democratic Republic (1973–1990) 3.2.3 Federation of Malaya (1957–1963) 3.2.4 Tanganyika (1961–1964) and Zanzibar (1964)
Any recommendation for admission must receive the affirmative votes of 9 of the 15 members of the Council, provided that none of its five permanent members — China, France, the Russian...
There are currently 193 UN Member States. Each of the Member States of the United Nations has one seat in the General Assembly. Information about current members, growth of membership since...
- Member. States. The UN’s Membership has grown from the original 51 Member States in 1945 to the current 193 Member States. All UN Member States are members of the General Assembly.
- Main Bodies. The main bodies of the UN are the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, the Trusteeship Council, the International Court of Justice, and the UN Secretariat.
- Secretariat. The Secretariat carries out the day-to-day work of the UN as mandated by the General Assembly and the Organization's other main bodies. The Secretary-General is the head of the Secretariat, which has tens of thousands of international UN staff members working at duty stations all over the world.
- UN System. The United Nations is part of the UN system, which, in addition to the UN itself, comprises many programmes, funds and specialized agencies, each of which have their own area of work, leadership and budget.