Pour olive oil into a heavy baking dish (such as an enameled cast iron dish). Place potatoes into the baking dish and toss to coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with fresh thyme sprigs, kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and red bell pepper pieces. Step 3
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss potatoes, oil, and rosemary on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread out potatoes in a single layer; season with salt and pepper. Roast, stirring once halfway through cooking, until potatoes are golden brown and crisp outside and tender inside, about 30 minutes.
- Food & Cooking, Lunch Recipes
People also ask
What to do with roasted red potatoes?
How do you clean red potatoes?
How to make red potatoes on stove?
How do you cut red potatoes?
Mar 29, 2019 · Wash 2 lb (910 g) of small red potatoes in cold running water. Hold each potato under cold running water in your kitchen sink. Scrub each one lightly with a clean scouring pad to remove any dirt that may be on them. Then, cut away any blemishes with a paring knife.
Sprinkle with the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Bake at 450° until potatoes are golden brown and tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Side Dishes
- Use the boiled red potatoes for mashed potatoes. While russet (brown) potatoes are more commonly used for mashed potatoes, red potatoes can make excellent mashed potatoes, too.
- Make potato salad. If you want to use your red potatoes for cold potato salad, boil them, drain them, and place them in the refrigerator for an hour or so until they cool.
- Top with cheese. A simple way to dress up your boiled red potatoes is simply to cover them with melted or toasted cheese. Parmesan cheese works for a quick, no fuss dressing, but cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese works well if you are willing to put in a few extra minutes of effort.
- Sprinkle with additional spices or dressings. Red potatoes are versatile, so they can work well with many dressings made from savory herbs or savory spices.
Giada's dish of roasted red potatoes and roots with dried herbs is easy and elegant. All Red Potato Recipes Ideas. Showing 1-18 of 265. The Barefoot Contessa's Garlic Roasted Potatoes.
Oct 06, 2014 · Wash the potatoes and scrub lightly with a vegetable brush. Scrubbing too vigorously removes the skin, which is part of the appeal of red potatoes. Cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch wedges. Dry with paper towels and set aside. Pour the olive oil into a large bowl and add the potatoes; stir to evenly coat the wedges. Sprinkle with the seasoning, and stir ...
Luckily, this Easy Oven Roasted Red Skin Potatoes recipe is one of the most simple side dishes that you can make. This side dish recipe is extremely versatile too. It goes well with just about any kind of meat for dinner, like roasted chicken, meatloaf, or pork tenderloin.
Dec 26, 2020 · Red Potatoes with Beans You can serve this homey blend of fresh green beans, potato wedges and chopped red onion hot or cold. Either way, this easy side dish makes a pleasing accompaniment to Mom's meat loaf or almost any other meat. —Daria Burcar, Rochester, Michigan
- Laurie Dixon