Ordered from largest in area to smallest, these seven regions are: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia. Variations with fewer continents may merge some of these, for example some systems include Eurasia or America as single continents.
List of continents by population. Jump to navigation Jump to search This is a list of continents and ... List of countries and dependencies by area;
List of countries by continents Africa. Africa is the world's second-largest and second-most populous continent. At about 30.3 million km2 (11.7 million... Antarctica. Antarctica is Earth's southernmost continent. It contains the geographic South Pole and is in the Antarctic... Asia. Asia is the ...
This is an index of a series of comprehensive lists of continents, countries, and first level administrative country subdivisions such as states, provinces, and territories, as well as certain political and geographic features of substantial area.
This is a list of the world's countries and their dependent territories by area, ranked by total area.. Entries in this list include, but are not limited to, those in the ISO 3166-1 standard, which includes sovereign states and dependent territories.
Area (km 2) Area (sq mi) Countries / Dependencies 19: Mindanao: 97,530: 37,660 Philippines (Caraga, Davao, Bangsamoro, Northern Mindanao, Soccsksargen, and Zamboanga Peninsula) 20: Ireland: 84,421: 32,595 Republic of Ireland and United Kingdom (Northern Ireland) 21: Hokkaido: 78,719: 30,394 Japan (Hokkaido region) 22: Hispaniola: 73,929: 28,544
List of continents by area. 5 Continents (Unuvi) Island's name Area (km 2) Delezia: 38,200,000 Házélé ...
- Asia, the Largest Continent. Asia is by far the largest continent in the world, spanning 17.2 million square miles (44.6 million square kilometers). Being the largest geographically also puts Asia at an advantage population-wise, as having 4.6 billion of the world's 7.7 billion-person population.
- Africa. Africa is No. 2 on both lists: population and size. In area, it spans 11.6 million square miles (30 million square kilometers). Its population is estimated at 1.3 billion.
- North America. North America is where area and population diverge in their rankings because this continent's population is not growing as fast as Asia's.
- South America. South America is the fourth-largest continent, spanning 6.9 million square miles (17.8 million square kilometers). It is fifth on the world population list, with 431 million people living there.
Area claimed by the Republic of Ambazonia in Camaroon. West Sumatra: 42,297: Province of ...
- related to: List of continents by area wikipedia