People also ask
What are the five largest countries in Europe?
What are the 10 European nations?
What are the names of European countries?
What are European countries in alphabetical order?
- France – 86.9 Million visitors
- Spain – 81.8 Million visitors
- Italy – 58.3 Million visitors
- United Kingdom – 37.7 Million visitors
- Turkey – 37.6 Million visitors
- Germany – 37.5 Million visitors
- Austria – 29.5 Million visitors
- Greece – 27.2 Million visitors
- Russia – 24.4 Million visitors
- Portugal – 21.2 Million visitors
World’s most visited country, France, is not all about the Eifel Tower, museums and wine. For more than a decade now, the country has lured the highest number of visitors, more than any other European or world country. The reasons for that are not few. The country has such a variety of tourism attractions that a year would not be enough to see and experience everything that it has to offer.France is well known for the numerous splendid and enormous palaces, castles and cathedrals all across t...
Mostly located on the Iberian Peninsula, Spain is the second most visited country in Europe. Around 81.8 million travelers stepped in Spain in 2017 alone, 5 million more than in the previous year.Spain has 47 UNESCO world heritage sites, numerous beaches on the Atlantic and Mediterranean, and numerous festivals that bring together people from all across the world. Many have compared the coastal part of Spain with tropical islands.The variety of foods, in particular the Tortilla Espanola, Pist...
Home to some of the most famous buildings in the world, as the Colosseum and the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy is the third most visited country in the old continent of Europe. A number of 52.4 million visitors entered the country in 2016 and another 58.3 million in 2017.Home to numerous castles, palaces, cathedrals, vineyards and beaches, the country is also known for its influential art, architecture and culture. The Vatican Museums located in the heart of Rome are another attraction for man...
The modern era Kingdom of Great Britain and the Northern Ireland consists of four constituent countries: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The country has played a very important role throughout the history of Europe and the world.Castles, palaces, churches and other buildings constructed in different periods of history stand still and attract millions of visitors annually. Among the most visited are the Stonehenge, the Roman Baths and Georgian City of Bath, Canterbury Cathedral...
Istanbul is probably the dream of every traveler. The meeting point of the occidental and oriental cultures, Istanbul was established in 660 BCE, and was known as Constantinople before the Ottomans conquered the city.No traveler to Turkey will skip Istanbul. The city has a unique mixture of Byzantine and Ottoman architecture, tasty middle eastern food, a nice weather, and lots of friendly cats and dogs freely wandering across the city.Turkey received 37.6 million travelers in 2017. Travelers...
One of the strongest economies in the world has a very strong tourism industry as well. A good share of the German budget comes from tourism. Visitors hardly travel across Europe without stopping in Germany. In 2017, 37.5 million visitors entered the country.It shares borders with Denmark to the north, Poland and the Czech Republic to the east, Austria and Switzerland to the south, France to the southwest, and Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands to the west. Travelers to any of these coun...
Almost 30 million travelers visited Austria in 2017. Whether you are passionate about art or nature, Austria can offer you both.With its stunning castles most of which were created during the Habsburg reign, the Baroque castles and gardens, ruins and monuments dating back to the since the Middle Ages, a few days or even weeks will not be enough to sneak a peak of the famous Austrian buildings.The Austrian Alps are well-known as winter sports attraction. Innsbruck is a must-visit for all those...
The cradle of western civilization, the Hellenic Republic of Greece hosts millions of visitors every year. It has been a tourism attraction since antiquity. 27.2 million people visited the country in 2017, after 24.8 million visitors in the previous year.Among the most famous spots for visitors are the Acropolis, the monasteries of Meteora, the mystical Delphi ruins, Temple of Hephaestus and many more. The capital of Athens, Thessaloniki, Corfu, Santorini and Crete are among the most visited...
The biggest country in the world is the ninth most visited in the European continent. 24.4 million travelers visited Russian in 2017, but the number of visitors is thought to be way higher in 2018 after the FIFA World Championship which took place in Moscow.There is a lot to explore and see in Russia. The Saint Basil’s Cathedral looks as it has gotten straight out of a fairytale. The Hermitage Museum and Kremlin also look fairytalish. Buildings from the Imperial Russia as the Bolshoi Theatre,...
21.2 million people visited Portugal in 2017, mostly interested in seeing the capital Lisbona, the city of Porto, Odemira, Faro and the city of Sintra.There is a lot to do in Portugal, from visiting old castles and palaces, to surfing at the sea. The old village of Sortelha, the Pena Palace, Castle of the Moors, and the historic fishing town of Cascais and the waterfalls of the Azores are among the things you must see if you are traveling to Portugal.Portugal has a coastline of 1,794 km, and...
Dec 19, 2019 · Here are Europe's top 10 Best Countries, according to Europeans.More than 16,000 people globally – and about 4,500 in Europe – were surveyed for the 2016 Best Countries rankings.
- Italy. It's hard to picture Italy without salivating over the thought of its food. This boot-shaped country boasts tomatoes so sweet they taste like candy, pizzas cooked to perfection, and gelato that literally melts in your mouth.
- Spain. One of the most beautiful countries in Europe, Spain is also one of its best. From its architectural masterpieces to its towering mountain ranges, seaside cliffs, and hilltop villages, your camera will thank you for visiting this magical spot.
- Austria. Austria is one of those countries that can truly take your breath away. Ringed by the magnificent Australian Alps and peppered with sparkling lakes, this wonderland is one of the most beautiful countries in Europe.
- Croatia. A Mediterranean masterpiece, Croatia offers scenery to soothe the soul and fresh food to treat the palate. With friendly locals, hilltop castles, preserved Roman ruins, and a sea the color of sapphires, it's impossible to feel stressed in this lovely archipelago.
- France – 89.4 million visitors (in 2018) France tops the rankings again, and it is not just the most visited country in Europe, but the most visited in the world.
- Spain – 82.8 million visitors. Spain is hot on France’s heels in 2nd place, both in Europe and the world. It’s closing the gap too, having quickly jumped from 52.7 million visitors in 2010 to 82.8 million in 2018.
- Italy – 61.6 million visitors. Italy is the 3rd most popular European destination with visitors. The historic city of Rome is understandably popular with tourists and will be as long as it stands given the abundance of history that lies within its old walls.
- Turkey – 45.8 million visitors. Turkey’s travel industry has grown significantly during the 21st Century and it is now Europe’s 4th most popular destination.
- Spain. When you’re simultaneously known for being at the forefront of modernist cuisine AND centuries of crafting the world’s greatest ham, you have a fairly intimidating culinary resume.
- The Netherlands. There’s much more to the Netherlands than being so stonedthat you don’t care that you’ve just eaten an entire 16oz jar of mayonnaise with your fries.
- Italy. You could be a broke-ass college student irresponsibly bouncing around Europe and STILL eat gloriouslyin Italy on pizza and gelato alone. This is not to diminish the sophisticated heights Italian cuisine can reach, but only to say that the Italians have mastered a democratic deliciousness that puts other-worldly eating experiences constantly within the reach of the everyman.
- Belgium. Amazing beersfrom 180 breweries. All kinds of waffles. Fries in fancy paper. An infuriatingly good national soccer team. Jean-Claude Van Damme. Harmonica player Jean “Toots” Thielemans.
- Russia - 144,373,540. Russia is the most populous country in Europe. It has a total population of more than 144 million, most of which (73.7%) is urban.
- Germany - 83,132,800. Germany has a population of over 83 million. Just over three quarters of the country’s population is urban. Germany’s population density is 623 people per square mile (240 per sq.
- France - 67,059,890. France is home to more than 67 million people. The urban population of the country represents 82% of the total populace. France’s population density is 309 people per square mile (119 per sq.
- United Kingdom - 66,834,400. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland hosts a population of more than 66 million people. The vast majority of these people, around 56 million, live in the U.K.
Dublin is the most populous city in Ireland and has long been a popular vacation spot for beer drinkers and history buffs. Home to the Guinness Storehouse and the Jameson Distillery, the city also ...