Kate Middleton, Prince William and their children are honoring the sacrifices made by war veterans and armed forces members. The special ...
People via Yahoo News
4 hours ago
People also ask
What are the real names of the royal family?
How many estates does the royal family own?
Where do the British Royals Live?
How many castles does the British royal family own?
British royal residences are palaces, castles and houses occupied by members of the British royal family in the United Kingdom.Some, like Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle, are owned by the Crown (ownership by the British monarch is by virtue of his or her position as king or queen), while others like Balmoral Castle and Sandringham House are personally owned and have been passed down for ...ResidenceLocationTypeResidentsBuckingham PalaceLondon, EnglandCrownThe Queen and the Duke of EdinburghWindsor CastleWindsor, Berkshire, EnglandCrownThe Queen and the Duke of EdinburghPalace of HolyroodhouseEdinburgh, ScotlandCrownThe Queen and the Duke of EdinburghHillsborough CastleCounty Down, Northern IrelandCrownThe Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh
Sep 18, 2018 · Balmoral Castle is the royal family's vacation home, sitting on 50,000-acres with 150 buildings total. According to Princess Eugeine, it's "the most beautiful place in the world."
- Danielle Tullo
- Commerce Editor
Aug 29, 2018 · The royal family is no stranger to royal surroundings. Homes of the British royal family are filled with historic significance and a certain amount of eloquence you would expect of a royal abode ...
- Golden Chambers. It’s time to be their guest. Noordeinde Palace in The Hague, Netherlands, is the workplace of the current head of the Dutch royal family, ruling monarch King Willem-Alexander.
- One On One. It’s a meeting of generations, a conversation between royalty and the Prime Minister of Canada. Queen Elizabeth receives PM Justin Trudeau, head of a country of which she is still considered the monarch by constitutional law.
- A Knight To Remember. When you picture the ballroom of any royal family, let alone the one in the very heart of Queen Elizabeth’s Buckingham Palace, this is pretty much as sumptuous as you can get without getting too bombastic.
- The People’s Princess. As a woman so constantly ensnared under the photographer’s gaze wherever she went in the world, Princess Diana was the royal family member that the international public just couldn’t get enough of.
With extravagant façades, multiple wings, and gilded details, the royal family’s digs are what design fairytales are made of. After all, no happily ever after is complete without a great home. To satisfy your royal-mania, or to simply see how the other half lives, here's a comprehensive guide to the royal family's houses.
- St. James’s Palace. London. Although no longer used as a residence of the Sovereign, St. James’s Palace is the senior and official palace of the British Monarchy.
- Buckingham Palace. London. Perhaps one of the most recognized buildings in the world, Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, as well as the offices of the Monarchy.
- Windsor Castle. Windsor. Windsor Castle is another of The Queen’s official residences, and where she spends most weekends. Originally built as a fortress by William the Conqueror, the Castle is considered the largest inhabited castle in the world, and the oldest continually occupied.
- Palace of Holyroodhouse. Edinburgh, Scotland. The Palace of Holyroodhouse is The Queen’s official residence in Scotland, situated at one end of the Royal Mile, in the ‘Old Town’ area of Edinburgh.
The royal family owns property across the UK valued at an estimated $18 billion. The queen receives 25% of the the Crown Estate's revenues to spend on maintaining her properties as well as her official work. From palaces to private homes, here are 11 properties that the royal family calls their own.
- Talia Lakritz
Sep 11, 2018 · It's well known that the UK royal family resides at places like Buckingham Palace and Balmoral Castle, but there are a number of lesser-known residences that the royals own, from private homes to ...
Oct 29, 2018 · The British royal family knows how to make a public appearance. From royal weddings to christenings and everything in between, it's pretty clear to us how they live their lives publicly. That being said, there's no better way to get to know a family than by getting an inside peek into their lives at home.
- Lucia Tonelli
- Assistant Editor
Royal Homes are people-centric builders of custom made homes of advanced design concepts that are beautiful, environmentally harmonious and socially benefitting. Our aim is to strive towards excellence giving us an edge in a competitive construction and real estate market by keeping our focus planted on expertise in order to be regarded as a ...