The Valley embraces a trio of cities (Bethlehem, Allentown and Easton) within two counties (Lehigh and Northampton), making it Pennsylvania's third-largest metropolitan area. Smaller than Allentown but larger than Easton, Bethlehem is the Lehigh Valley's second most populous city. 9 Bensalem: 65,983 Bucks
- Oishimaya Sen Nag
- Philadelphia. Philadelphia is the most populated city of Pennsylvania. It has a population of 1,580,863 individuals. It is the country’s sixth largest city.
- Pittsburgh. With a population of 302,407 individuals, Pittsburgh is the second most populated city in Pennsylvania. It is the county seat of Allegheny County.
- Allentown. Pennsylvania’s third biggest city, Allentown, is home to a population of around 121,283 people. It is the country’s 231st largest city. It is located on the Lehigh River and serves as the county seat of Lehigh County.
- Erie. As the name suggests, Erie is located on the south shore of Lake Erie. It is Pennsylvania’s fourth most populated city and houses 97,369 individuals.
Harrisburg (49,395) The largest city in Pennsylvania is Philadelphia with a population of 1,585,010. Breinigsville is the fastest growing city in Pennsylvania over the past 10 years, having grown 63.94% since 2010.
Feb 12, 2021 · The largest city in Pennsylvania is Philadelphia, with a population of 1,584,064. Philadelphia is the 6th largest city in the US. The second largest city is Pittsburgh, with a population of 300,286, and is the 66th largest city in the US. What is the fastest growing city in Pennsylvania?
Under Pennsylvania law, there are four types of incorporated municipalities in the Commonwealth. From those largest in population to smallest, and excluding the single town, Bloomsburg, which is administered as a borough save for one odd legal legacy, these are: Cities (see cities list) Boroughs (see boroughs list) Townships (see townships list)
People also ask
What is the second largest city in Pennsylvania?
What city is most populated?
What US city has the largest population?
What are the 100 most populous cities in the US?
- Philadelphia. Philadelphia is the largest city in Pennsylvania, with a population of 1,571,860. A center of culture and commerce, the average household income is $57,438, and the median age is 35.
- Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is the second largest city in Pennsylvania, and arguably the second most well known city in the Keystone State (behind Philadelphia).
- Allentown. Situated just north of Philadelphia, Allentown is the third largest city in Pennsylvania, with a population of 120,301. In this city, the average household income is $50,796 and the median age is 31 years old.
- Erie. Erie, Pennsylvania has a population of 101,594 and an average household income of $47,536. The median age in Erie is 33 years old. Its school system is almost evenly split between public and private, with 21 public schools and 22 private in operation.
Cities Gallery Philadelphia is the largest city in Pennsylvania and ranks 6th most populated in the United States. Pittsburgh is the second largest city in the state of Pennsylvania Allentown is the third largest city in the state of Pennsylvania
Top 10 biggest cities by population are Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Allentown, Erie, Reading, Scranton, Bethlehem, Lancaster, Harrisburg, and York and ten oldest cities are Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Lancaster, Warren, Reading, Erie, Carbondale, Harrisburg, Uniontown, and Scranton.