People also ask
What is the Gallo-Romance branch of the Romance languages?
What is the difference between Gallo-Italic and Western Romance?
What are the Romance languages?
What languages are spoken in Ibero-Romance?
The Gallo-Romance group includes: The langues d'oïl include French, Orleanais, Gallo, Angevin, Tourangeau, Saintongeais, Poitevin, Bourguignon, Picard, Walloon, Lorrain and Norman.  Franco-Provençal in east-central France, western Switzerland and the Aosta Valley region of northwestern Italy.
- Old Latin, Classical Latin, Vulgar Latin, Old Gallo-Romance
- Indo-EuropeanItalicLatino-FaliscanRomanceItalo-WesternWestern RomanceGallo-Romance
- France, San Marino, Monaco, Channel Islands, Parts of Italy, Belgium, Spain, Switzerland, parts of Maghreb, Polynesia, Canada
- Oïl, Franco-Provençal, Occitano-Romance (possibly), Gallo-Italic (possibly), Rhaeto-Romance (possibly)
Generally, the Gallo-Romance languages (discussed further below) form the core "innovatory" languages, with standard French generally considered the most innovatory of all, while the languages near the periphery (which include Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Romanian) are "conservative".
- 51- (phylozone)
The Gallo-Romance are a branch of Romance languages. It includes French and several other languages spoken in modern France and northern Italy and Spain. According to some linguists, it also includes Occitan and Catalan. Others group biyhy together as a separate Occitano-Romance branch or place Catalan within the Ibero-Romance group.
- France, Northern Italy, Channel Islands, parts of Belgium and Switzerland
- Franco-Provençal, Occitano-Romance, Oïl languages, Gallo-Italic, Rhaeto-Romance
the dark blue is rhaeto-romance (including romansh, the oft-forgotten fourth language of switzerland) a set of three languages whose status as gallo-romance is hotly contested, in fact their status as a group at all is contested not shown on the map aragonese: a weird language spoken in northeastern aragon caught between occitano-romance & spanish
Dec 13, 2022 · These are occasionally considered a part of Gallo-Romance languages, as they share many common features. Rhaeto-Romance languages include Romansh, Friulian and Ladin. Eastern Romance. These comprise Romanian, Moldovan, Aromanian, Istro-Romanian, Dalmation and Istriot. Did you know that there is a special category of Romance languages called ...