- 1. an act of staging or presenting a play, concert, or other form of entertainment: Similar
- 2. the action or process of carrying out or accomplishing an action, task, or function: "the continual performance of a single task reduces a man to the level of a machine" Similar
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
People also ask
How do you define performance?
What does the word performance mean?
What is the definition of performance?
What does "good performance" mean?
Essential Meaning of performance. 1 : an activity (such as singing a song or acting in a play) that a person or group does to entertain an audience This evening's performance will start at 8 o'clock. The hall is usually used for orchestra performances. 2 : the way an actor performs a part in a play, movie, etc.
- The act of performing or the state of being performed.
- The act or style of performing a work or role before an audience.
- The way in which someone or something functions: The pilot rated the airplane's performance in high winds.
- A presentation, especially a theatrical one, before an audience.
Synonyms & Antonyms of performance. 1 a presentation of an artistic work (as a piece of music) from a particular point of view. a disappointing, lackluster performance of a classic of the musical theater.
the act of performing a ceremony, play, piece of music, etc. the execution or accomplishment of work, acts, feats, etc. a particular action, deed, or proceeding. an action or proceeding of an unusual or spectacular kind: His temper tantrum was quite a performance. the act of performing.
Performance is defined as acting, singing, playing an instrument or otherwise showing a craft to a group of people. An example of performance is a symphony playing at a town hall. noun