- 1. the state of being free from tension and anxiety: "I guided my patient into a state of hypnotic relaxation" Similar Opposite
- 2. the action of making a rule or restriction less strict: "relaxation of censorship rules" Similar Opposite
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
Definition of relaxation. 1 : the act of relaxing or state of being relaxed. 2 : a relaxing or recreative state, activity, or pastime : diversion. 3 : the lengthening that characterizes inactive muscle fibers or muscles.
- The act of relaxing or the state of being relaxed.
- Refreshment of body or mind; recreation: played golf for relaxation.
- A loosening or slackening.
- A reduction in strictness or severity.
relaxation the return of a system undergoing dissipation to an initial state of equilibrium after being displaced from it. the approach to steady-state operation of a system that has undergone dissipation and a change in state or has been...
1. Loosening, lengthening, or lessening of tension in a muscle. 2. magnetic resonance imagingThe decay in magnetization of tissue after the direction of the surrounding magnetic field is changed; the different rates of relaxation for individual nuclei and tissues are used to provide contrast in imaging.