- Kagawa Prefecture is situated in the north of Shikoku, the smallest of Japan's four main islands. Kagawa has Shikoku’s largest city, Takamatsu , and many small islands on the Seto Inland Sea.
People also ask
What to see in Kagawa Japan?
Is there a Sanuki udon in Kagawa?
What is the capital of Shikoku?
Where is Kagawa Prefecture?
Kagawa Prefecture is situated in the north of Shikoku, the smallest of Japan's four main islands. Kagawa has Shikoku’s largest city, Takamatsu, and many small islands on the Seto Inland Sea. Naoshima and its surrounding islands are packed with internationally renowned modern art installations and museums, while Shodoshima is famous for olive production and sandy beaches.
Kagawa is currently the smallest prefecture, by area, in Japan. Kagawa is a relatively narrow prefecture located between the mountains of Shikoku and the sea. As of April 1, 2012, 11% of the total land area of the prefecture was designated as Natural Parks , namely Setonaikai National Park and Ōtaki-Ōkawa Prefectural Natural Park .
Nov 20, 2018 · Kagawa Prefecture, which we will introduce here, is located in the north-east area of the Shikoku region, which consists of 4 prefectures. Surrounded by the Seto Inland Sea, it faces Okayama Prefecture on Honshu, which is famous for Kurashiki City. 7 Big Tourist Attractions 1.
Shikoku island, comprising Shikoku and its surrounding islets, covers about 18,800 square kilometres (7,259 sq mi) and consists of four prefectures: Ehime, Kagawa, Kōchi, and Tokushima. Across the Seto Inland Sea lie Wakayama, Osaka, Hyōgo, Okayama, Hiroshima, and Yamaguchi Prefectures on Honshu.
- Kotohira Shrine (Kotohira) Also affectionately known as Konpira-san, Kotohira Shrine is one of the obligatory stops when it comes to Kagawa sightseeing.
- Seto Ohashi Memorial Park (Sakaide) The Seto Inland Sea lies between Shikoku, where Kagawa is located, and Honshu (Japan’s main island). There are 10 bridges that connect Shikoku and Honshu, which are collectively called Seto Ohashi (Great Bridges of Seto), and those magnificent bridges can be seen from this memorial park.
- Shikoku Village (Yashima) Shikoku Village (Shikoku-mura) is an outdoor museum where many historic structures have been transferred from various parts of Shikoku and reconstructed.
- Marugame Castle (Marugame) Marugame Castle was constructed over 400 years ago. Perched on top of Mt. Kameyama, the appearance of the castle is quite impressive despite its compact size.
Located in the center of Takamatsu city in Kagawa prefecture on the island of Shikoku, Ritsurin Garden offers a variety of pleasures.. 5 12. Transportation.
KAGAWA. Kagawa is the smallest prefecture in Japan but it is celebrated for its wealth of nature and include a variety of attractions including historic heritages and the stunning museums and artworks. TAKAMATSU MARUGAME KOTOHIRA.
The capital of Kagawa Prefecture, the lively port town of Takamatsu in northern Shikoku serves as the gateway to the many beautiful islands in the Seto Inland Sea. A convenient base for exploring the region, this urban center boasts many attractions of its own.
ebay.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
booking.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month