- Horror games are suspenseful games designed to instill fear in those playing. Some involve escaping or surviving in trying circumstances. Browse our collection and give yourself the chills with some of the scariest free horror games online.
People also ask
What are some scary horror games?
What does survival horror mean?
What is the scariest video game of all time?
What was the first horror game made?
- Cultured Vultures
- Resident Evil 4. Developer: Capcom. Publisher: Capcom. Platform(s) PC, PS4, PS3, PS2, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Switch, Gamecube, Wii, iOS, Android, Zeebo. Single-player/multiplayer: Single-player.
- Detention. Developer: Red Candle Games. Publisher: Red Candle Games. Platform(s) PC, PS4, Switch, Android. Single-player/multiplayer: Single-player. Taking places in Taiwan during the reign of an oppressive government, Detention isn’t really like the other horror games on this list.
- Little Nightmares. Developer: Tarsier Studios. Publisher: Bandai Namco. Platform(s) PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch. Single-player/multiplayer: Single-player. A little girl in a yellow jacket aboard a ship full of warped passengers.
- Darkwood. Developer: Acid Wizard Studio. Publisher: Acid Wizard Studio. Platform(s) PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch. Single-player/multiplayer: Single-player. It takes something really special to make a top-down game feel terrifying, especially when you can’t see all the little details of the things that go bump in the night.
- Logan Sawyer
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent. This hair-raising survival horror game has been the inspiration for games like Slender: The Arrival and Outlast. Let alone being in dark areas with the omnipresent threat of murderous monsters; Amnesia: The Dark Descent will leave you so frightened that you may even stop playing.
- Silent Hill 2. Silent Hill is a fictional remote town based on a town in Pennsylvania. Silent Hill is like Resident Evil, but more horrific. Its enemy variety makes Silent Hill 2 exceptional.
- Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly. This Japanese horror sequel to the first Fatal Frame could be twice as scary. It is debatable which Fatal Frame is the most terrifying, yet Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly has the most enjoyable story and gameplay.
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is a strong entry in the Resident Evil series. Taking on a new format, the game takes bold risks that pay off.
Survival horror is a subgenre of action-adventure and horror video games that focuses on survival of the character as the game tries to frighten players with either horror graphics or scary ambience. Although combat can be part of the gameplay, the player is made to feel less in control than in typical action games through limited ammunition, health, speed and vision, or through various obstructions of the player's interaction with the game mechanics. The player is also challenged to find items
May 23, 2020 · Horror games have matured, going beyond simple gore and jump scares. Though these elements still play an important role in the genre, game developers' approach to horror has more nuance than ever.
- Vic Hood
- Jeff the Killer.
- Slenderman Must Die: Dead Space.
- Creepy Granny Scream: Scary Freddy.
- While We Sleep: Slendrina is HERE.
Netflix's horror original "The Haunting of Bly Manor" recently made its debut on Netflix. The series ends where it begins and Flora's dollhouse is like ...
INSIDER via Yahoo News
6 days ago
- ‘Helstrom’ Review: Hulu Horror Show Is One of Marvel’s Worst in YearsIndiewire via Yahoo News3 days ago
- ‘The View’s’ Joy Behar Sounds Off on Fighting With Meghan McCain and Creepy Ted CruzThe Daily Beast via Yahoo News7 hours ago
- Kevin Bacon reflects on his gruesome 'Friday the 13th' death 40 years laterYahoo Movies UK6 hours ago
- The 30 best horror movies of all timeTotal Film Magazine via Yahoo News4 days ago
- You Can Rent An Entire AMC Theater For $99Scary Mommy via Yahoo News5 days ago
Dec 16, 2019 · Visage is a horror game that takes place in a house where terrible things are said to have happened. As the player explores the house, they start to discover the secrets that are held within its walls and the eerie atmosphere builds to a truly terrifying experience. 1 Dying Light 2 Dying Light 2 is a sequel to the 2015 zombie game Dying Light.
Aug 15, 2020 · Horror is the staple of any media and video games often take it to a level we never imagined we would love so much. Video games are immersive and that feeling of really being there makes the ...
Horror is a broad genre of games that involve scares, frights, and masterful suspense. Whether you prefer the slow-burning suspense or the quick jump-scares, there’s a host of online horror games to petrify yourself with in this game collection. We collected 74 of the best free online horror games.
- FNaF : Support Requested - Most Scary Roblox Game. Apart from some of the games on this list, FNAF offers a Single Player game mode to be played. There's also Multiplayer games to be played.
- Before the Dawn. A game that is exciting and thrilling is ‘Before the Dawn.’ The horror game involves multiple players who have to survive until dawn. The game begins by showing you have 6 hours, 4 hours, 3 hours, etc.
- Flee the facility. When asking what the some scary Roblox games, you'll always hear about Flee the Facility. Another nerve-wracking horror game built on the survival pattern, the goal of the game is to hack into the computers scattered all over the game map and unlock 2 exit doors.
- Slender Man’s Revenge Reborn. One of the scary games designed by Roblox is the Slender Man’s Revenge Reborn. Though the game is not age-specific, 8 to 18-year-old would enjoy playing the game the most.
Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game.