Rank Country Population in million GDP Nominal millions of USD GDP Nominal per capita USD GDP (PPP) millions of USD GDP (PPP) per capita USD — ASEAN 667.393: 3,355,655
ASEAN population growth is 1.1% per year with Thailand being the smallest 0.2% per year, and Cambodia being the largest 1.9% per year. ASEAN having sex ratio 99.6, male 326.4 million and female 327.8 million. Demographics by member state Main article: Member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- 4,522,518 km² (1,746,154 sq mi)
- 2021 estimate
People also ask
What is the total population of the ASEAN countries?
Which is the third largest country in Asia by area?
Why is the ASEAN region important to the world?
Which is the largest country in the world by land area?
Across all nations of ASEAN, there is a population of over 622 million people. The region has one of the largest economies in the world, and it is believed that by 2050, it will have the 4th-largest economy in the world. It also has one of the world's largest labor forces, falling only behind India and China. The entire region stretches across ...
Mar 27, 2018 · Russia is not only the largest country in Asia, but is also the largest country in the world. It covers a total area of 17,075,200 square km (6,612,100 square miles) and is home to 144,463,451 people. The capital of Russia is Moscow. The country is so large that it stretches across 11 distinct time zones.RankCountryCapitalArea (km²)1RussiaMoscow13,100,000 (17,125,200 including European ...2ChinaBeijing9,596,961 (excludes Hong Kong, Macau, ...3IndiaNew Delhi3,287,2634KazakhstanAlmaty2,455,034 (2,724,902 km² including ...
- Amber Pariona
Jul 19, 2021 · Land Area. ASEAN countries vary in sizes. The largest is Indonesia which at 1.86 million square kilometers is 2,605 times the size of Singapore (714 square kilometers).
- Together, ASEAN’s ten member states form an economic powerhouse. If ASEAN were a single country, it would already be the seventh-largest economy in the world, with a combined GDP of $2.4 trillion in 2013 (Exhibit 1).
- ASEAN is not a monolithic market. ASEAN is a diverse group. Indonesia represents almost 40 percent of the region’s economic output and is a member of the G20, while Myanmar, emerging from decades of isolation, is still a frontier market working to build its institutions.
- Macroeconomic stability has provided a platform for growth. Memories of the 1997 Asian financial crisis linger, leading many outsiders to expect that volatility comes with the territory.
- ASEAN is a growing hub of consumer demand. ASEAN has dramatically outpaced the rest of the world on growth in GDP per capita since the late 1970s. Income growth has remained strong since 2000, with average annual real gains of more than 5 percent.
Jun 16, 2021 · Indonesia is not only a founding member of ASEAN, it is also its biggest contributor in terms of gross domestic product and is also one of the member states with a positive trade balance. In...
Jul 27, 2021 · The region has a total of 11 countries including Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, Brunei and East Timor. In Southeast Asia, there is also the largest archipelago in the world – the Malay Archipelago with 20,000 large and small islands.
ASEAN aims to promote collaboration and cooperation among member states, as well as to advance the interests of the region as a whole, including economic and trade growth. It has negotiated a free trade agreement among member states and with other countries such as China, as well as eased travel in the region for citizens of member countries.
W; Largest Countries in the World (ranked by area) Largest Countries in the World (by area) The largest country in the world is Russia with a total area of 17,098,242 Km² (6,601,665 mi²) and a land area of 16,376,870 Km² (6,323,142 mi²), equivalent to 11% of the total world's landmass of 148,940,000 Km² (57,510,000 square miles).#CountryTot. Area (Km²)Tot. Area (mi²)1Russia17,098,2426,601,6652Canada9,984,6703,855,1013China9,706,9613,747,8774United States9,372,6103,618,783