- Because the aspirational rap-rock song, from director Curtis Hanson’s sort-of-biopic “8 Mile,” won an Oscar for best original song in 2003. Because, as Eminem pointed out in a tweet after the performance, he didn’t attend that year’s ceremony.
Honorary Award recipient, with presenter Meryl Streep. Music (Original Song) - The Hands That Built America in "Gangs of New York" Music and Lyric by Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen
The Academy Award for Best Original Song is one of the awards given annually to people working in the motion picture industry by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS). It is presented to the songwriters who have composed the best original song written specifically for a film.
- "Lose Yourself" winning Best Original Song Oscar®youtube.com
- If I Didn t Have You from Monsters, Inc. Wins Best Song: 2003 Oscarsyoutube.com
- Eminem surprises Oscars with 'Lose Yourself' performance, 17 years after best original song winlatimes.com
- Eminem "Lose Yourself" LIVE Performance at Oscars (2020)msn.com
Feb 10, 2020 · The Real Slim Shady finally stood up at the Oscars. Eminem performed the song “Lose Yourself,” which earned him a 2003 Academy Award for best original song that he didn’t show up to accept. That...
The nominees for the 75th Academy Awards were announced on February 11, 2003, at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, California, by Frank Pierson, president of the Academy, and actress Marisa Tomei. Chicago received the most nominations with thirteen. It was the eighth film to receive that many nominations.
- Ariana Marsh
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” (The Lion King) by Elton John, 1995.
- “Shallow” (A Star Is Born) by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, 2019.
- “Lose Yourself” (8 Mile) by Eminem 2003.
- “Let It Go” (Frozen) by Idina Menzel, 2014.
With this award the World Soundtrack Academy rewards the best original song written directly for a film. The song must contain original music. A clearly audible and significant rendition of the song must be used in the body of the film or as the first song of the end credits. It is the film version of the song that is considered.
Feb 12, 2020 · The Oscars audience lost themselves briefly Sunday night when Eminem dropped by for a surprise performance of “Lose Yourself,” 17 years after he won an Academy Award for the “8 Mile” track at the...
Oct 28, 2019 · “Thanks for the Memory” winning the Academy Award for Best Original Song is all the more impressive when you consider it’s a duet between divorcees. The song may have an undertone of bitterness, but ultimately, you can feel the love the two lovers share. It makes sense later when they get back together.
Academy Award Winner – ‘Theme From Summer of ’42’ wins for Best Original Score. Winner of Palme D’Or Festival de Cannes, France for ‘Le Messager’ from ‘The Go Between’. BAFTA Winner – “The Summer Of ’42” for Anthony Asquith Award For Film Music.
Feel-Good results for Academy Award for Music (Original Song) 2003
* Music (Song--Original for the Picture) - For All We Know in "Lovers and Other Strangers" Music by Fred Karlin; Lyrics by Robb Royer (aka Robb Wilson) and James Griffin (aka Arthur James) Writing (Screenplay--based on material from another medium) - Renee Taylor, Joseph Bologna, David Zelag Goodman