6 days ago · The Latin script is the basis of the International Phonetic Alphabet and the 26 most widespread letters are the letters contained in the ISO basic Latin alphabet. Latin script is the basis for the largest number of alphabets of any writing system  and is the most widely adopted writing system in the world (commonly used by about 70 percent ...
People also ask
What is the modern Latin alphabet?
What are Latin characters?
What is the history of the Roman alphabet?
What is the letter Your in Latin?
Jan 19, 2021 · Etymology. The term Latin alphabet may refer to either the alphabet used to write Latin (as described in this article) or other alphabets based on the Latin script, which is the basic set of letters common to the various alphabets descended from the classical Latin alphabet, such as the English alphabet.
4 days ago · Latin is a highly inflected language, with three distinct genders, six or seven noun cases, five declensions, four verb conjugations, six tenses, three persons, three moods, two voices, two or three aspects, and two numbers. The Latin alphabet is derived from the Etruscan and Greek alphabets and ultimately from the Phoenician alphabet
5 days ago · 'national language script') is the modern writing system for the Vietnamese language. It uses the Latin script based on Romance languages, in particular, the Portuguese alphabet, with some digraphs and the addition of 9 accent marks or diacritics – four of them to create sounds and the other five to indicate tone.
Jan 19, 2021 · Wikipedia also uses the IPA to show how certain words are meant to be spoken. Most symbols are letters in the Latin alphabet, or variations of it. For example, the palatal approximant (the y in y esterday) is written with [ j ].
3 days ago · But the Latin alphabet is still the most commonly used script in Malaysia, both for official and informal purposes. Historically, Malay has been written in various types of script. Before the introduction of Arabic script in the Malay region, Malay was written using Pallava , Kawi and Rencong script and are still in use today by the Champa ...
- Skolt Sami
â (upper case Â) 1. The letter a with a circumflex.
1. (Gheg) âsht 2. (Standard, Tosk) ësht, është
1. IPA(key): [ɑ̃]
â 1. (Gheg) is (third-person singular present indicative of jam)
â (lower case, upper case Â) 1. A with circumflex, a letter used in French spelling, originally representing the sound /ɑ/.
Compare Italian alla.
â (used with feminine singular nouns) 1. Contraction of a 'a (“to the”).
The letter a with a circumflex.
1. IPA(key): /ɐ/, [ɐ], [ɜ], [ə] 2. (preceding coda ‘n’ or ‘m’) IPA(key): /ɐ̃/, [ɐ̃], [ɜ̃], [ə̃] 3. Always stressed.
â 1. A letter "a" which is stressed and close.quotations ▼ 1.1. 2007, J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter e as Relíquias da Morte [Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows] (Harry Potter; 7), Rio de Janeiro: Rocco, →ISBN, page 9: 1.1.1. [...] a poucos metros de distância [...] 22.214.171.124. [...] from few meters of distance [...]
1. IPA(key): /ɨ/
â (lower case, upper case Â) 1. The third letter of the Romanian alphabet, called î or î din a and written in the Latin script.
1. (Latin-script letters) A a, Ă ă, Â â, B b, C c, D d, E e, F f, G g, H h, I i, Î î, J j, K k, L l, M m, N n, O o, P p, Q q, R r, S s, Ș ș, T t, Ț ț, U u, V v, W w, X x, Y y, Z z
â f sg (plural î) 1. (definite article, spoken only) the, colloquial form of la
1. (phoneme) IPA(key): /ɐ/
â (upper case Â) 1. The second letter of the Skolt Sami alphabet, written in the Latin script.
1. (Latin-script letters) bukva; A a, Â â, B b, C c, Č č, Ʒ ʒ, Ǯ ǯ, D d, Đ đ, E e, F f, G g, Ǧ ǧ, Ǥ ǥ, H h, I i, J j, K k, Ǩ ǩ, L l, M m, N n, Ŋ ŋ, O o, Õ õ, P p, R r, S s, Š š, T t, U u, V v, Z z, Ž ž, Å å, Ä ä, ʹ
1. (phoneme) IPA(key): /əː˧˥/
â (upper case Â) 1. The third letter of the Vietnamese alphabet, called ớ and written in the Latin script.
1. (Quốc ngữ letters) chữ cái; A a (À à, Ả ả, Ã ã, Á á, Ạ ạ), Ă ă (Ằ ằ, Ẳ ẳ, Ẵ ẵ, Ắ ắ, Ặ ặ), Â â (Ầ ầ, Ẩ ẩ, Ẫ ẫ, Ấ ấ, Ậ ậ), B b, C c (Ch ch), D d, Đ đ, E e (È è, Ẻ ẻ, Ẽ ẽ, É é, Ẹ ẹ), Ê ê (Ề ề, Ể ể, Ễ ễ, Ế ế, Ệ ệ), G g (Gh gh, Gi gi), H h, I i (Ì ì, Ỉ ỉ, Ĩ ĩ, Í í, Ị ị), K k (Kh kh), L l, M m, N n (Ng ng, Ngh ngh, Nh nh), O o (Ò ò, Ỏ ỏ, Õ õ, Ó ó, Ọ ọ), Ô ô (Ồ ồ, Ổ ổ, Ỗ ỗ, Ố ố, Ộ ộ), Ơ ơ (Ờ ờ, Ở ở, Ỡ ỡ, Ớ ớ, Ợ ợ), P p (Ph ph), Q q (Qu qu), R r, S s, T t (Th th, Tr tr), U u (Ù ù, Ủ ủ, Ũ ũ, Ú ú, Ụ...
1. IPA(key): /a/ The circumflex is used to distinguish the word from "a" rather than indicate vowel length.
- Old Irish
á (lower case, upper case Á) 1. The second letter of the Czech and Slovak alphabet, after a and before b
á (3rd person possessive) (triggers lenition in the masculine and neuter singular, an unwritten prothetic /h/ in the feminine singular, and eclipsis in the plural) 1. Alternative form of aquotations ▼ 1. c. 875, Milan Glosses on the Psalms, published in Thesaurus Palaeohibernicus (reprinted 1987, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies), edited and with translations by Whitley Stokes and John Strachan, vol. I, pp. 7–483, Ml. 90b12 2. c. 875, Milan Glosses on the Psalms, published in Thesaurus P...
1. (Hà Nội) IPA(key): [ʔaː˧˦] 2. (Huế) IPA(key): [ʔaː˨˩˦] 3. (Hồ Chí Minh City) IPA(key): [ʔaː˦˥] 4. Homophone: Á
6 days ago · A letter of the Fula alphabet, written in the Latin script. Usage notes . Common to all varieties of Fula (Fulfulde / Pulaar / Pular). See also (Latin-script letters) karfeeje; ', A a, B b, Mb mb, Ɓ ɓ, C c, D d, Nd nd, Ɗ ɗ, E e, F f, G g, Ng ng, Ɠ ɠ, H h, I i, J j, Nj nj, K k, L l, M m, N n, Ŋ ŋ, Ñ ñ, Ɲ ɲ, O o, P p, R r, S s, T t, U ...