SARS-CoV-2 is a positive-sense single-stranded RNA virus (and hence Baltimore class IV) that is contagious in humans. As described by the US National Institutes of Health, it is the successor to SARS-CoV-1, the virus that caused the 2002–2004 SARS outbreak.
Oct 23, 2020 · SARS-CoV-2 stands for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2. SARS-CoV-2 is the strain of coronavirus that causes the COVID-19 disease.
Oct 21, 2020 · If you test positive for SARS-CoV-2 infection or do not get tested, you should self-isolate for at least 10 days after symptom onset and resolution of fever for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing medications, and with improvement of other symptoms.
Oct 05, 2020 · The epidemiology of SARS-CoV-2 indicates that most infections are spread through close contact, not airborne transmission Diseases that are spread efficiently through airborne transmission tend to have high attack rates because they can quickly reach and infect many people in a short period of time.
One of the enduring questions of the COVID-19 pandemic is how much immunity people are left with after recovering from a coronavirus infection. Among a group of hundreds of thousands of Americans ...
LA Times via Yahoo News
11 hours ago
- The 'nightmare scenario' for California's coronavirus strain: Here is what we knowLA Times via Yahoo News5 hours ago
- Will The South African Variant Undo Pfizer, Moderna Covid Vaccines?Investor's Business Daily6 days ago
- Dr. Fauci Just Warned of Post-Acute COVID SyndromeEat This, Not That! via Yahoo News7 hours ago
- Moderna Sparks On Plans To Test New Covid Vaccine Against Viral MutantInvestor's Business Daily5 hours ago
- California's coronavirus strain looks increasingly dangerous: 'The devil is already here'LA Times via Yahoo News2 days ago
- You Got the Vaccine. Do You Still Need to Quarantine After COVID-19 Exposure?Prevention via Yahoo News1 day ago
- 6 important truths about COVID-19 vaccinesThe Conversation via Yahoo News7 days ago
- Some common-cold antibodies may help fight COVID-19; vaccine side effects could hamper mammogramsReuters via Yahoo News6 hours ago
- Johnson & Johnson is safe, FDA says, as third US Covid vaccine passes major hurdleThe Independent via Yahoo News9 hours ago
Current evidence suggests that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is predominantly spread from person-to-person. Understanding how, when and in what types of settings SARS-CoV-2 spreads is critical to develop effective public health and infection prevention and control measures to break chains of transmission.
Search, retrieve, and analyze sequences and other content in the NCBI Virus SARS-CoV-2 Data Hub Explore in NCBI Virus Download viral genome and protein sequences, annotation, and a data report from NCBI Datasets Explore in NCBI Datasets
SARS-CoV-2 is a novel coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. It has since become a pandemic throughout 2020. Infection with SARS-CoV-2 leads to a severe respiratory ...
Feb 15, 2021 · The SARS-CoV-2 virus is a much smaller particle compared to the primary models for bacterial cell biology, including Bacillus subtitles, Staphylococcus aureus, and Escherichia Coli and Caulobacter ...