Sylvia Trent-Adams (born circa 1965) is a retired U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps rear admiral, who last served as the principal deputy assistant secretary for health from January 2, 2019 to August 31, 2020. She previously served as the deputy surgeon general of the United States from October 25, 2015 to January 2, 2019.
RADM Sylvia Trent-Adams, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N. became the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health (PDASH) in January 2019.
- She Must Be Confirmed by Congress. Should the Trump Administration move Trent-Adams' nomination forward, she would have to go through the strenuous confirmation hearing process.
- She’s a Nurse. Rear Admiral Trent-Adams is not the first nurse to hold the position, but she is the first non-physician to hold the spot. Richard Carmona, MD, who served from 2002-2006 under President George W. Bush, was a nurse before he became a physician.
- She’s the Third African American to Hold the Post. David Satcher, MD, and Jocelyn Elders, MD held the Surgeon General post under President Clinton. Elders was fired by President Clinton for her outspoken views.
- She Understands the Front Lines of Public Health. Trent-Adams, unlike many of her predecessors, knows the ropes of public health from the inside of the bureaucracy of the federal government.
Sep 01, 2020 · Trent-Adams began her career in the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps (USPHS) in 1992. Prior to joining the USPHS, she was a nurse officer in the U.S. Army and a research nurse at the University of Maryland.
RADM Sylvia Trent-Adams is the Deputy Associate Administrator in the HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). She has been assigned to HRSA since 1992 in a variety of positions. In her current role, she assists in managing the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Extension Act of 2009 (Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program).
Aug 19, 2020 · Read Admiral Dr. Sylvia Trent-Adams will be the a Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer for the University of North Texas Health Science Center, President Michael Williams announced....
Aug 13, 2020 · Dr. Trent-Adams, PhD, RN, FAAN, has held numerous leadership positions at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). From 2015 through 2018, she was Deputy Surgeon General of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, a uniformed service branch of more than 6,000 officers on the front lines of public health.
U.S. Nurse Surgeon General Obama Guns After quietly ousting the country's surgeon general, who is widely known for terming guns a health issue, President Donald Trump has named Vivek Murthy's...
- Trent-Adams Has Over 24 Years of Experience In the Public Health Service Corps. Trent-Adams has worked hard throughout her career to move up the ranks.
- She Graduated From Hampton University Then the University of Maryland. Trent-Adams grew up on a farm in Concord, Virginia and would always be the one to take care of sick family members.
- Trent-Adams Has Been a Guest Lecturer At Universities & High Schools. Throughout her time in the field, Trent-Adams has done her best to give back to nurses and students that have aspirations in the medical field like she once did and still does.
- Trent-Adams, a Mother of 2, Was Pushed to Succeed By Her Mother. Trent-Adams is married to her husband, Dennis Adams, and has two daughters with him — Nadia and Alexia.
In the past, Sylvia has also been known as Adams S Trent, Sylvia D Adams, Sylnia S Adams, Sylvia D Trent and Sylvia D Trent-adams. Personal details about Sylvia include: political affiliation is unknown; ethnicity is Caucasian; and religious views are listed as Christian.
- related to: Sylvia Trent-Adams
truthfinder.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
PeopleLooker.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month