US Election Day 2023
- Tuesday, November 7
People also ask
What are the 2022 midterm elections?
How many seats will be contested in the midterms?
When are special elections held?
What is the Democrats' majority in Congress?
Nov 15, 2022 · US midterm elections results 2022: live Full live results of the Congressional midterms, seat by seat. The House of Representatives remains undecided, but Democrats have retained control of the...
- Antonio Voce
Videos - 2022 Midterm Elections
Where the battle for abortion rights stands after midterm electionsABC News Videos4 months ago
While anti-abortion sentiments have been a driving force for the GOP, nationwide feelings on abortion may outweigh Republicans’ control of the House.
- 03:34Where the battle for abortion rights stands after midterm electionsABC News VideosWhile anti-abortion sentiments have been a driving force for the GOP, nationwide feelings on abortion may outweigh Republicans’ control of the House.4 months ago
- 03:42Trump announces he's running for president again amid election backlashABC News VideosABC News’ Avery Harper, Morgan Norwood and MaryAlice Parks break down former President Donald Trump’s 2024 bid and what it may mean for the future of the GOP.4 months ago
- 00:57Sen. Mitch McConnell holds onto leadership position despite challenge by Sen. Rick ScottUSA TODAYSenator Mitch McConnell held on to his leadership position as the Senate minority leader despite a challenge from Senator Rick Scott.4 months ago
- 01:12Nancy Pelosi opts to not seek House leadership role in next CongressYahoo Finance VideoHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Thursday that she will not seek re-election to her leadership role in the next Congress.4 months ago
- 03:38Could Trump protect himself from legal problems?Reuters VideosSTORY: Donald Trump: "America's comeback starts right now." (What legal problems does Trump face?) Donald Trump has announced he will run again for the White House in 2024. But the former president is facing a series of investigations and lawsuits. (Missing government records) The U.S. Department of Justice is conducting a criminal investigation of Trump for retaining government records after leaving office in 2021. In August, the FBI seized 11,000 documents from Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. About 100 documents were marked as classified, and some were designated top secret, the highest level of classification. Trump accused the Department of Justice of engaging in a partisan witch hunt. Donald Trump: "The Mar-a-Lago raid was a desperate effort to distract from Joe Biden's record of misery and failure." A special master is determining whether any of the seized documents were protected by executive privilege, which allows them to be kept secret. (New York Attorney General civil lawsuit) In September, New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a civil lawsuit against Trump. James says her office uncovered more than 200 examples of misleading asset valuations by Trump and the Trump Organization between 2011 and 2021. James, a Democrat, accused Trump of inflating his net worth by billions of dollars to obtain lower interest rates on loans and get better insurance coverage. Letitia James: "Claiming that you have money that you do not have does not amount to the 'art of the deal,' it's the art of the steal.” Trump also called this lawsuit a witch hunt. (New York criminal probe) The Trump Organization is being tried for tax fraud alleged by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg. Trump is not personally charged with wrongdoing but the company could face up to $1.6 million in fines. It pleaded not guilty to three tax fraud charges and six other counts. But former chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, has pleaded guilty and is required to testify against the Trump Organization as part of his plea agreement. (Defamation case) E. Jean Carroll, a former Elle magazine writer, sued Trump for defamation in 2019. That’s after he denied her allegation of rape in the 1990s in a New York department store. Trump accused her of lying to drum up sales for a book. He also argued that he's shielded from Carroll's lawsuit by a federal law that immunizes government employees from defamation claims. (U.S. Capitol attack) A House of Representatives committee is investigating the January 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol. It could urge the Justice Department to charge Trump with federal crimes over his attempts to overturn his 2020 election defeat. His supporters sought to block Congress from certifying the election results. Committee vice chair Liz Cheney, a Republican, places the blame squarely on Trump. Liz Cheney: "The vast weight of evidence presented so far has shown us that the central cause of January six was one man, Donald Trump, who many others followed.” Trump called the panel's investigation a politically motivated sham. (Georgia election tampering probe) A Georgia prosecutor is leading a criminal investigation into Trump's alleged efforts to influence that state's 2020 election results. Trump made a call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger asking him to "find" enough votes needed to overturn his loss at the polls. Trump could argue that his discussions were constitutionally protected free speech.4 months ago
- 01:37GOP projected to retake control of the HouseABC News VideosRepublicans have retaken the House after securing enough seats in last week's midterm elections, gaining power in the lower chamber with a small majority over Democrats.4 months ago
- 02:23GOP megadonors withdraw Trump support following midtermsYahoo Finance VideoYahoo Finance's Alexandra Semenova discusses reports that top Republican donors are reconsidering whether to back former President Trump in his 2024 bid.4 months ago
- 03:02Democrats retain control of Senate with House still up for grabsCBS News VideosThe Democrats will retain control of the Senate following a projected win in Nevada as Georgia's race heads for a runoff. Control of the House still leans Republican, but the majority looks to be slim as divisions arise within the party. Natalie Brand reports.4 months ago
- 03:53Crucial victory for Democratic PartyABC News VideosPresident Joe Biden said he's “incredibly pleased” after Democrats retain the Senate majority.4 months ago
- 03:00Breaking down the impact of "election influencers" in the midtermsCBS News VideosCBS News elections and surveys director Anthony Salvanto breaks down the trends that influenced the midterm election results.4 months ago
- 03:42Democracy prevails in 2022 midterm electionsCBS News VideosCBS News senior national correspondent Mark Strassmann reports from Atlanta on the latest election developments.4 months ago
- 03:26Democrats secure Senate majority, defy midterm expectationsABC News VideosABC News congressional correspondent Rachel Scott reports on Democrats’ successes and GOP challenges on “This Week.”4 months ago
- 03:28Mail-in ballots still being counted Friday to determine Nevada's toss-up Senate raceCBS News VideosThe gap between the two candidates in Nevada's senate race is closing as the final ballots are being counted. Elizabeth Thompson, editor-in-chief of The Nevada Independent, joins CBS News to discuss the latest.4 months ago
- 03:11The Arizona senate and gubernatorial races remain too close to projectABC News VideosControl of Congress has yet to be determined as several races in key battleground states are too close to call.4 months ago
- 02:25Georgia runoff may decide Senate controlCBS News VideosVotes are still being counted across the U.S. and control of Congress is still up for grabs. In Georgia, the next campaign is already underway as Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock and Republican Herschel Walker get ready for a December runoff. Mark Strassmann reports.4 months ago
- 02:06Biden, Harris thank supporters for election resultsAssociated Press VideosUS President Joe Biden and his Vice President Kamala Harris headed out Thursday to thank supporters for what they consider a good midterm elections. (Nov. 10)4 months ago
- 01:36Nevada and Arizona continue to count ballots in key midterm election racesUSA TODAYNevada and Arizona continue to count ballots in key midterm election races that could determine the balance of power in the Senate.4 months ago
- 01:50Abortion rights were on midterm ballots in several states. Here's what voters decided.USA TODAYSeveral states put abortion access on the ballot for midterm elections. Could there be more ballot referendums in the future?4 months ago
- 03:45Arizona still counting midterm election ballots as control of Congress hangs in the balanceCBS News VideosThe midterm races in Arizona are still undecided, and control of Congress could depend on the state as Democratic incumbent Sen. Mark Kelly is slightly ahead of Republican candidate Blake Masters. CBS News correspondent Christina Ruffini discusses the latest from Phoenix.4 months ago
- 02:21What happens after polls close? We asked a polling place supervisorYahoo News VideoShelton Mackey, a volunteer polling place supervisor, arrived at Salem Elementary School in Fredericksburg, Va., at 5 a.m. on Tuesday — one hour before in-person voting began. The poll closed at 7 p.m., and ballot totals were quickly reported by phone. So, why didn't he leave until just before 9 p.m.? The answer, as Mackey explains, is an often overlooked process that ensures confidence in our elections.4 months ago
- 01:29Warnock at rally: 'We know how to win a runoff'Associated Press VideosDemocratic Sen. Raphael Warnock is urging supporters to keep up the fight as he and Republican Herschel Walker pivot to a runoff election (Nov. 10) (AP Video: Stephen Smith)4 months ago
- 02:11What the 2022 midterm elections mean for 2024 ballotCBS News VideosMany results from the 2022 midterm elections are in, and a "red wave" doesn’t seem to have materialized. CBS News correspondent Bob Costa joins “CBS Mornings” to discuss what this means for the 2024 presidential race.4 months ago
- 01:02Arizona Senate, governor race still undecidedABC News VideosABC News’ Whit Johnson reports on the state’s race between incumbent Mark Kelly and Republican Blake Masters and the governor’s race between Democrat Katie Hobbs and Republican Kari Lake.4 months ago
- 01:04Georgia Senate race headed for runoffABC News VideosThe Dec. 6 runoff between incumbent Rev. Raphael Warnock and GOP challenger Herschel Walker could decide control of the Senate.4 months ago
- 01:34Control of House and Senate still up for grabsABC News VideosControl of the Senate comes down to key races in Georgia, Nevada and Arizona, while Republicans seem favored to flip the House.4 months ago
The 2022 midterm elections will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022. All 435 U.S. House seats and 35 of the 100 Senate seats are on the ballot. CNN values your feedback
The 2022 Midterm Elections: Live Results Map The latest vote counts, news, and updates from the U.S. House, Senate, and gubernatorial races. reporting, commentary, and analysis about the...
- Condé Nast
Meet the history-makers of the 2022 midterm elections Female governors will break a record in 2023 Anatomy of a close election: How Americans voted in 2022 vs. 2018 How 2020 election...