- 1. resistance to the spread of an infectious disease within a population that is based on pre-existing immunity of a high proportion of individuals as a result of previous infection or vaccination: "the level of vaccination needed to achieve herd immunity varies by disease but ranges from 83 to 94 percent"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
All the experts we spoke to for this piece agreed that how soon we can ditch masks ultimately depends on when we achieve herd immunity, which means a large ...
Allure via Yahoo News
2 hours ago
- COVID-19 cases are falling. This could be the beginning of the end of the pandemic.USA TODAY Opinion via Yahoo News46 minutes ago
- A Johns Hopkins professor predicts the US will reach herd immunity by April, but many experts aren't so optimisticBusiness Insider via Yahoo News6 days ago
- Health experts are split on when the U.S. will reach COVID-19 herd immunityThe Week via Yahoo News7 days ago
- Coronavirus cases are falling globally, but the big question is: why?The Telegraph via Yahoo News1 day ago
- Experts say the US has turned a major corner in its coronavirus outbreak, with cases at their lowest point in 4 monthsBusiness Insider via Yahoo News2 days ago