Russet potatoes are a must for latkes, the pan-fried potato pancakes traditionally eaten during Hanukkah. While plain potato pancakes are usually served with applesauce on top, these have grated fresh apple stirred right in. Top with sour cream and enjoy for breakfast or dinner. 15 of 20
- Hannah Klinger
Dec 06, 2019 · Hungry Man's Baked Potatoes Russet or sweet potatoes (pictured) are topped with bacon, veggies, pulled pork and goat cheese for a unique take on a baked potato dinner. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tried-and-true recipes with russet potatoes pair perfectly with any meal. Find fast recipes, baked recipes & fancy recipes (hasselbacks, anyone?).
- shredded mexican cheese blend, scallion, black pepper, salt, sour cream and 2 more.
- sour cream, sour cream, bacon, freshly ground black pepper, salt and 4 more.
- bacon, scallions, sour cream, salt, nonstick cooking spray, black pepper and 2 more.
- extra virgin olive oil, unfiltered apple juice, extra virgin olive oil and 20 more.
- Get some oven fries drunk on beer and cover them with chili and cheese.
- Bake potato slices and tuck them into the middle of a glorious grilled cheese sandwich.
- Mash potatoes into creamy, buttery perfection.
- You might not have realized this, but you can do exactly the same thing to potato slices that you do to fried chicken.
People also ask
How do I choose the best russet potatoes?
Do russet potatoes cook faster than sweet potatoes?
Is a russet potato the same as a baking potato?
What's the difference between russet and new(red) potatoes?
So here’s what you do: Wash, scrub and cut the potatoes into 1/2″ fries. Toss them with oil (I used canola because I have lots) and add some salt and a little sugar (helps with crispyness – is that a word?). Then place on baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes at 475°. When done, let them cool on paper or dish towels.
- Potato Dishes
- Scrub the potatoes. Turn the cold water on at the sink, and hold the potatoes under the running water. Use a vegetable brush to scrub at the skins to remove any dirt and debris.
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil. Drizzle the clean potatoes with olive oil, using approximately 1 tablespoon (15 ml) for every potato that you're baking.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Once the potatoes are coated with oil, sprinkle them with some coarse sea salt. Add some freshly ground black pepper as well, making sure to season the potatoes on all sides.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork. Steam can build up inside the potatoes as they cook, so it’s important to make sure that it can be released to prevent the potatoes from exploding.
Make twice-baked potatoes by scooping out the flesh of the potato and mixing it with some butter, cream and seasonings. Stuff it back into the potato skin and bake until golden brown on top. Sprinkle some chopped chives, bacon crumbles or shredded cheese.
We have all had Potatoes will long sprouts so what do you do? Joey will explain Garden tip http://thewisconsinvegetablegardener.comhttp://www.woodprairie.com...
- 2 min
- The Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener
- related to: What to do with large russet potatoes?