Gross domestic product (GDP) is the market value of all final goods and services from a nation in a given year. Countries are sorted by nominal GDP estimates from financial and statistical institutions, which are calculated at market or government official exchange rates.
Countries in the world ranked by Gross Domestic Product (GDP). List and ranking of GDP growth, GDP per capita and couuntry share of World's GDP
- United States. 2019 Nominal GDP in Current U.S. Dollars: $21.43 trillion 2019 PPP Adjusted GDP in Current International Dollars: $21.43 trillion 2019 GDP Growth: 2.2%
- China. 2019 Nominal GDP in Current U.S. Dollars: $14.34 trillion 2019 PPP Adjusted GDP in Current International Dollars: $23.52 trillion 2019 GDP Growth: 6.1%
- Japan. 2019 Nominal GDP in Current U.S. Dollars: $5.08 trillion 2019 PPP Adjusted GDP in Current International Dollars: $5.49 trillion 2019 GDP Growth: 0.7%
- Germany. 2019 Nominal GDP in Current U.S. Dollars: $3.86 trillion 2019 PPP Adjusted GDP in Current International Dollars: $4.68 trillion 2019 GDP Growth: 0.6%
GDP (PPP) means gross domestic product based on purchasing power parity.This article includes a list of countries by their forecast estimated GDP (PPP). Countries are sorted by GDP (PPP) forecast estimates from financial and statistical institutions that calculate using market or government official exchange rates.
- United States. The United States has been the world’s largest economy since 1871. The nominal GDP for the United States is $21.44 trillion. The U.S. GDP (PPP) is also $21.44 trillion.
- China. As the second-largest economy in the world, China has seen an average growth rate of 9.52% between 1989 and 2019. China is the second-largest economy considering nominal GDP, at $14.14 trillion, and the largest using GDP (PPP), which is $27.31 trillion.
- Japan. Japan has the third-largest economy in the world with a GDP of $5.15 trillion. Japan’s GDP (PPP) is $5.75 trillion. Japan’s economy is market-driven so businesses, production, and prices shift according to consumer demand, not governmental action.
- Germany. The German economy is the fourth-largest in the world with a GDP of $4.0 trillion. Germany has a GDP (PPP) of $4.44 trillion and a per capita GDP of $46,560, the 18th –highest in the world.
United States remains the largest economy globally with GDP (Nominal) over $20 trillion in 2020. It represents a quarter share of the global economy (24.8%). China follows, with close to $15 trillion, or 17.4% of the world economy. Tuvalu has the world's smallest national economy with a GDP (nominal) of approximately $48 million.
- 07 Mar 2021
GDP per capita is often considered an indicator of a country's standard of living; however, this is problematic because GDP per capita is not a measure of personal income. Comparisons of national income are also frequently made on the basis of purchasing power parity (PPP), to adjust for differences in the cost of living in different countries.
PPP 2019. This is a list of countries of the world sorted by their gross domestic product (GDP). GDP is the worth of all goods and services made in a country in a year. PPP is for purchasing power parity. Purchasing power parity means how much money would be needed to buy the same item in two different countries.
List of countries by GDP (Gross domestic product) may refer to: List of countries by GDP (nominal), a list using the current exchange rates for national currencies. List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita. List of countries by GDP (PPP), a list using the concept of purchasing power parity to derive GDP estimates.
May 22, 2021 · Seventeen economies would have gdp above $1 trillion as the Netherlands is the new entrant in the trillion-dollar economy. Sixty-four would have an economy of above $100 billion. Out of 194 economies, gdp (nominal) of 175 economies would increase, and 19 economies would decrease in 2021 compared to 2020. With $1.92 tn, China will be the top contributor, followed by United States ($1.7 tn), Germany ($516 bn), United Kingdom ($414 bn), India ($341 bn).
- 22 May 2021