State of Minnesota v. Derek Michael Chauvin is an American criminal case in the District Court of Minnesota in which former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was tried and convicted of the murder of George Floyd during an arrest on May 25, 2020.
- April 20, 2021
- May 29, 2020
- State of Minnesota v. Derek Michael Chauvin
- Fourth Judicial District Court of Minnesota
Prosecutors in Tennessee who are preparing for the first-degree murder trial of a Nashville police officer next month may try to call a law enforcement expert witness who served similarly in the case against Derek Chauvin in George Floyd’s death.
1 hour ago
Apr 20, 2021 · The former Minneapolis Police officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck for more than 9 minutes last year was found guilty Tuesday of all three charges against him in one of the most consequential ...
Apr 21, 2021 · Civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson. CNN. Civil rights activist Rev. Jesse Jackson said the verdict reached in Derek Chauvin's trial is "significant" but more is needed to stop police killings ...
Apr 20, 2021 · A panel of jurors has found former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin guilty Tuesday on all three charges in connection with the May 2020 death of George Floyd, after one of the most closely ...
- Stephanie Pagones
Mar 31, 2021 · Moments after George Floyd was taken away in an ambulance last May, former Minneapolis Police officer Derek Chauvin was confronted by a witness who took issue with Chauvin's kneeling on Floyd's neck.
Apr 28, 2021 · Vivid images and testimony from the trial against Derek Chauvin are now seared into the memory of Brandon Mitchell, one of the jurors who convicted the former police officer of murdering George Floyd.
Apr 14, 2021 · The trial of Derek Chauvin has resumed. The defense called its next witness — Barry Brodd, a former police officer and use-of-force expert. 2:24 p.m. ET, April 13, 2021 Go There: CNN is in ...
- ‘He Was Suffering’: Teenager Who Filmed Floyd’s Arrest Testifies at Trial. Darnella Frazier, who was 17 years old when she filmed video of George Floyd’s arrest, testified during the murder trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer charged in Mr. Floyd’s death.
- Witness Breaks Down During Testimony in Chauvin Trial. On Wednesday, Charles McMillian, who was driving by Cup Foods at the time of George Floyd’s arrest and stopped to see what was happening, grew emotional in the courtroom when describing what he saw.
- George Floyd’s Girlfriend Recalls Relationship in Emotional Testimony. Courteney Ross, who was dating George Floyd for nearly three years before his death in May, delivered tearful testimony on Thursday about their shared struggle with an opioid addiction.
- George Floyd Died Before Medics Arrived, Paramedic Says. Derek Smith, one of the paramedics called to the scene of George Floyd’s arrest, testified in court on Thursday that when he arrived it appeared that Mr. Floyd was already dead.