Fox News via Yahoo
Violent weekend: Mass shootings in 3 states leave 2 dead, at least 30 wounded
Two people were killed and at least 30 more were wounded in separate weekend mass shootings reported in three states, stirring already brewing fears that a spike in gun violence could continue ...
15 hours ago
George Perry Floyd Jr. (October 14, 1973 – May 25, 2020) was an African American man murdered by police during an arrest after a store clerk suspected he may have used a counterfeit $20 bill in Minneapolis.
WLS – Chicago via Yahoo News
6 hours ago
ABC News Videos via Yahoo News
2 days ago
Newsy via Yahoo News
2 days ago
CBS News Videos via Yahoo News
2 days ago
NBCU via Yahoo News
2 days ago
Reuters Videos via Yahoo News
1 week ago
CBS Minnesota - WCCO via Yahoo News
49 minutes ago
On May 25, 2020, George Floyd, a 46-year-old black man, was murdered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, while being arrested on suspicion of using a counterfeit $20 bill. During the arrest, Derek Chauvin, a white police officer with the Minneapolis Police Department, knelt on Floyd's neck for nine minutes and 29 seconds after he was ...
- 10 min
- A video of the arrest shocked the world and led to weeks of protests. Mr. Floyd, a 46-year-old African-American man, died on May 25 after being handcuffed and pinned to the ground under the knee of Mr. Chauvin, who is white, for more than nine minutes.
- Video from police body cameras shows how a call about a $20 bill turned fatal. Image. Video from Thomas Lane’s body camera shows him pulling his gun and confronting George Floyd as he sat in the car.Credit...
- The officers were fired, and then all charged with crimes. Image. From left, the former Minneapolis police officers Derek Chauvin, Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng and Thomas Lane.Credit...
- The police used tear gas and other means to break up protests in Minneapolis. Image. People gathered in May at East 38th Street and Chicago Avenue in Minneapolis, the site of Mr. Floyd’s fatal encounter with the police.Credit...
- George Floyd dies after police arrest. 25 May 2020. George Floyd dies after being arrested by police outside a shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Footage shows a white officer, Derek Chauvin, kneeling on Mr Floyd’s neck for several minutes while he is pinned to the floor.
- Protests begin. 26 May. Four officers involved in the arrest of George Floyd are fired. Protests begin as the video of the arrest is shared widely on social media.
- Protests spread. 27 May. Protests spread to other cities including Memphis and Los Angeles. In some places, like Portland, Oregon, protesters lie in the road, chanting "I can’t breathe".
- Trump tweets. 28 May. President Trump blames the violence on a lack of leadership in Minneapolis and threatens to send in the National Guard in a tweet. He follows it up in a second tweet with a warning "when the looting starts, the shooting starts".
Mar 25, 2021 · George Floyd, a 46-year-old Black man, died in May 2020 while being restrained by Minneapolis police, setting off worldwide protests that sometimes turned violent and a racial reckoning in the ...
- 3 min
- Paul Best
Jun 02, 2020 · George Floyd Ben Crump Law The union chief vowed that his organization would help the cop accused of killing Floyd, now-fired Officer Derek Chauvin , and three other officers who were at the scene ...
May 31, 2020 · transcript. How George Floyd Was Killed in Police Custody The Times has reconstructed the death of George Floyd on May 25. Security footage, witness videos and official documents show how a series ...
- Evan Hill
- 10 min
Mar 19, 2021 · George Floyd was born in North Carolina, but later moved to Houston, Texas where he grew up in the Third Ward, a predominantly Black neighborhood in the city.
Jun 12, 2020 · “The world knows George Floyd, I know Perry Jr.,” said Kathleen McGee, his aunt (in reference to her nickname for Floyd), at his funeral on June 9, 2020. “He was a pesky little rascal, but ...