May 29, 2020 · A new video capturing the moment George Floyd was detained by members of the Minneapolis Police Department appears to show multiple officers on the ground with him. The angle of the video, which ...
- 38 sec
- Suzanne Ciechalski, Caitlin Fichtel,Rima Abdelkader
The Times has reconstructed the death of George Floyd on May 25. Security footage, witness videos and official documents show how a series of actions by officers turned fatal. (This video contains ...
- 8 min
- Evan Hill, Ainara Tiefenthäler, Christiaan Triebert, Drew Jordan, Haley Willis,Robin Stein
- The arrest. The first video, from a surveillance camera, shows Floyd in the driver's seat of a vehicle when Lane and Kueng approach. Lane goes to Floyd's window, while Kueng goes to the other side of the car, where a man is in the front seat and a woman is in the back, the video shows.
- A struggle. The second video is short, about 20 seconds long, and comes from a Cup Foods security camera. Judging from the times provided in the probable cause statement and the timecode on the video, it appears to begin about five minutes after the other video ends.
- Knee on the neck. The third video, taken by a bystander, has been widely disseminated and likely played a large part in the protests across Minneapolis and the country.
Mar 29, 2021 · The trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer accused of murdering George Floyd, opened Monday with prosecutors showing in court the nine-minute, 29-second video of Chauvin kneeling on Floyd’s neck. “Nine-two-nine,” prosecutor Jerry Blackwell told jurors during his opening statement.
- Dylan Stableford
May 29, 2020 · A screengrab from the new video, appearing to show three officers kneeling on George Floyd. "I can't breathe, man," Floyd can be heard saying in the video. "Please, let me stand.
Aug 10, 2020 · Disturbing new police bodycam video captures the final 17 minutes of George Floyd’s life, providing the most complete account yet of his arrest and death at the hands of Minneapolis police. T…
Aug 11, 2020 · MINNEAPOLIS — Police camera video of Minneapolis officers arresting George Floyd was released to the public Monday and is available for publication. The footage became available Monday after a ...
- 2 min
Aug 04, 2020 · Newly leaked portions of officers’ George Floyd body camera video shows Floyd resisting officers’ attempts to get him into a squad car during his Minneapolis, Minnesota, arrest. It also ...
- 9 min
- Jessica McBride
Mar 31, 2021 · Security videos made public for the first time Wednesday in the trial of the former Minneapolis police officer accused of killing George Floyd showed what happened before Floyd's deadly encounter ...
- 3 min
- Janelle Griffith