People also ask
How to use Google to search with a specific website?
How does Google search a website?
How can I use Google as a search?
How to do a better search on Google?
Oct 25, 2022 · Open Google. Go to https://www.google.com/ in your preferred web browser. 2 Click the search bar. It's in the middle of the page. 3 Indicate that you want to search a specific site. Type site: into the search bar.  4 Type in your site's address without the "www" part. This should go immediately after the site: tag with no space in between.
- Tip 1: Start with the basics
- Tip 2: Search using your voice
- Tip 3: Choose words carefully
- Tip 4: Don’t worry about the little things
- Tip 5: Find quick answers
- Expert Search tips
Learn a few tips and tricks to help you easily find information on Google.
No matter what you're looking for, start with a simple search like where's the closest airport?. You can always add a few descriptive words if necessary.
If you're looking for a place or product in a specific location, add the location. For example, bakery seattle.
Tired of typing? To search with your voice, say "Ok Google" or select the Microphone.
When you're deciding what words to put in the search box, try to choose words that are likely to appear on the site you're looking for. For example, instead of saying my head hurts, say headache, because that’s the word a medical site would use.
• Spelling: Google's spell checker automatically uses the most common spelling of a given word, whether or not you spell it correctly.
• Capitalization: A search for New York Times is the same as a search for new york times.
For many searches, Google will do the work for you and show an answer to your question in the search results. Some features, like information about sports teams, aren't available in all regions.
• Weather: Search weather to see the weather in your location or add a city name, like weather seattle, to find weather for a certain place.
• Dictionary: Put define in front of any word to see its definition.
• Calculations: Enter a math equation like 3*9123, or solve complex graphing equations.
• Unit conversions: Enter any conversion, like 3 dollars in euros.
• Sports: Search for the name of your team to see a schedule, game scores and more.
Want more tips and tricks to help you search like a pro? Check out the links below to learn more advanced search techniques.
• Search operators
• Reverse image search
• Image search on Google
• Filter your search results
• Advanced Search
Jan 20, 2021 · In Google Chrome, open the webpage that you want to search. Click on the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the browser page. From the dropdown menu, click on Find. Alternatively,...
May 4, 2017 · How to Search a Specific Site using Google from the Address Bar If a certain site doesn’t have a search function (or the search function is lacking), then you can also search specific sites using Google. In turn, you can use this search to create a custom search engine in Chrome to make it super fast and easy.
- Cameron Summerson
- Editor in Chief/Review Geek
- Refine image searches
- Common search techniques
You can use symbols or words in your search to make your search results more precise.
Google Search usually ignores punctuation that isn’t part of a search operator.
Overall Advanced Search
1. Go to Advanced Image Search.
2. Use filters like region or file type to narrow your results.
3. At the bottom, click Advanced Search.
Search for an exact image size
Right after the word you're looking for, add the text imagesize:widthxheight. Make sure to add the dimensions in pixels.
Search social media
Put @ in front of a word to search social media. For example: @twitter.
Search for a price
Put$ in front of a number. For example: camera$400.
Put # in front of a word. For example: #throwbackthursday