- Types of monarchy. The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Malaysia, and the Kingdom of Morocco are constitutional monarchies, but their monarchs still retain more substantial powers than in European equivalents.
Monarchy Countries – Which Country Has a Monarchy? By Ferdinand Bada on February 23 2018 in Politics Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is is also the monarch of 15 other Commonwealth realms.
- Ferdinand Bada
Monarchs may be autocrats (as in all absolute monarchies) or may be ceremonial figureheads, exercising only limited or no reserve powers at all, with actual authority vested in a legislature and/or executive cabinet (as in many constitutional monarchies). In many cases, a monarch will also be linked with a state religion.
This is a list of current monarchies.As of 2019, there are 44 sovereign states in the world with a monarch as Head of state. 13 in Asia, 12 in Europe, 10 in North America, 6 in Oceania and 3 in Africa.
- Andorra. Andorra la Vella. Language: Catalan language. Currency: Euro. Area: 468.0. Government: Diarchy, Coregency, Monarchy, Principality, Unitary state. Anthem: El Gran Carlemany.
- Bahrain. Manama. Language: Arabic Language. Founded: 1971-12-16. Currency: Bahraini dinar. Area: 765.3. Government: Monarchy, Constitutional monarchy. Anthem: Bahrainona.
- Bhutan. Thimphu. Language: Dzongkha Language. Founded: 1907-12-17. Currency: Bhutanese ngultrum, Indian rupee. Area: 47000.0. Government: Unitary state, Parliamentary system, Constitutional monarchy.
- Brunei. Bandar Seri Begawan. Language: Malay Language. Founded: 1984-01-01. Currency: Brunei dollar. Area: 5770.0. Government: Islamic state, Absolute monarchy, Unitary state, Constitutional monarchy.
Apr 25, 2019 · The country is a constitutional monarchy and King Abdullah II has been the nation’s monarch since 1999. Lesotho The Kingdom of Lesotho is a small landlocked country enclaved within South Africa.
Oct 06, 2017 · In fact, there are 29 modern monarchies, reigning over 40 countries. Read on for all the current sovereign heads of state, from the King of Bahrain to the Pope.
People also ask
How many countries still have a monarchy?
Which countries still have absolute monarchy?
What countries are ruled by a king or a queen?
What are some examples of a monarchy in a country?
- The United Kingdom. Queen Elizabeth II. The UK is home to the world’s most well-known royal family. Its current ruler is Queen Elizabeth II, whose reign spans over 64 years.
- Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg. Belgian Royal Family. The Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, collectively known as the Low Countries, or Benelux countries, all have monarchies.
- Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Sweden) Queen Margrethe II of Denmark. Scandinavia hosts three constitutional monarchies, the Kingdoms of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden.
- Monaco. Albert II, Prince of Monaco. The tiny Principality of Monaco has been ruled by the Grimaldi dynasty for more than seven hundred years. The country is now under the rule of Prince Albert II, who, as the Chief of State, shares power with the country’s legislature, the National Council.
Jun 08, 2017 · List of countries, nations and states governed or ruled by a constitutional monarchy, sorted alphabetically. In some cases nations may have multiple ruling bodies or government types, meaning they're not exclusively countries that are governed by constitutional monarchy. This list of countries...
- Bahrain. King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa. Constitutional.
- Belgium. King Philippe (2013) Constitutional.
- Bhutan. Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchukin. Constitutional.
- Brunei. Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah. Constitutional.
Constitutional monarchies with ceremonial/non-executive monarchs Systems in which a prime minister is the active head of the executive branch of government. In some cases the prime minister is also leader of the legislature , in other cases the executive branch is clearly separated from legislature although the entire cabinet or individual ...