PolitiFact is a fact-checking website that rates the accuracy of claims by elected officials and others on its Truth-O-Meter.
- Donald Trump
Donald Trump is the president of the United States. He was...
PolitiFact. PolitiFact is a fact-checking website that rates...
- Barack Obama
Barack Obama is the former president of the United States....
- Pants on Fire
| PolitiFact. PolitiFact is a fact-checking website that...
PolitiFact | National. PolitiFact is a fact-checking website...
- How a Disinformation Network Exploited Satire to Become a Popular Source of False News on Facebook
For online misinformers, stealing alleged satire and turning...
- Do Gun Background Checks Work? What The Research Shows
The same morning Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., renewed his...
- 2020 Elections
PolitiFact, the largest political fact-checking organization...
- Donald Trump
Fact Checking. News, Analysis and Opinion from POLITICO. Facebook; Twitter; 2020 elections. Democrats decry double standard in fact checking. By MICHAEL CALDERONE. 09/11/2019 12:30 PM EDT.
Sep 25, 2016 · Politics. The Weaponization of Fact-Checking. Can fact-checkers adapt what they do to the way politicians have adapted to them? By MARK STENCEL. May 13, 2015. The Friday Cover. Read more
The debate came as Biden holds a hefty lead over Trump in a number of national and state polls, and as the Trump campaign levels new allegations of corruption against Biden based on unverified ...
Business Insider via Yahoo News
3 days ago
- Fact check: Trump did not mean actual 'coyotes' take children across the borderUSA TODAY via Yahoo News2 days ago
- Senate Hearing on Facebook, Twitter Delayed amid Opposition by Republicans: ReportNational Review via Yahoo News6 days ago
- GOP senators try to further distance themselves from Trump, but it may be too late to save their majorityUSA TODAY via Yahoo News7 days ago
- Fact check: 'Living under minority rule' post contains 6 true facts on Trump, BarrettUSA TODAY via Yahoo News4 days ago
- Should Facebook and Twitter suppress questionable news stories?Yahoo News 3607 days ago
Founded in 2007, by two former Washington Post Journalists, John F. Harris and Jim VandeHei, Politico is a news and opinion website based in Virginia, USA. Currently, John F. Harris is the editor-in-chief of Politico. In 2016, Jim VandeHei left Politico and now is the co-founder and CEO of Axios. Politico describes its vision as Politico strives to be the dominant source for politics and policy in power centers across every continent where access to reliable information, non-partisan journalism and real-time tools creates, informs and engages a global citizenry. It distributes content via the internet, the Politico newspaper, radio, and podcasts. Its coverage in Washington, D.C., includes the U.S. Congress, lobbying, media and the presidency. Politico also has its own bi-monthly magazine that covers politics, news and opinions.
Funded by / Ownership Robert L. Allbritton is the Publisher and Executive Chairman of Politico. Allbritton is also the owner of Capitol News Company, which owns Politico as well as its sister company, CapNY. Politico has a subscription based service called Politico Pro, launched in 2010 for professionals, such as lobbyists and analysts, which provides policy intelligence coverage on technology, energy and other sectors. Politico.com does not require a subscription and their print newspaper is available for free in locations throughout Washington D.C., however outside of DC and overseas it is subject to a subscription fee. Both the website and print editions feature advertising.
Both sides of the political spectrum have accused Politico of either having a left or right bias. For example, Media Matters for America, a progressive media watchdog group in Washington, has accused Politico of having a Republican tilt. Politico also published an article criticizing Obama for not being a strong supporter of Israel: Obamas Jewish Problem. In another article Politico states that Liberals are not as tolerant as they say they are: Why Liberals Arent as Tolerant as They Think. Further, here is an article criticizing Democratic Socialism: Down Goes Socialism and another criticizing Bernie Sanders, Bernies army in disarray. Lastly, according to the Poynter Institute, Politico is balanced. The right leaning Daily Caller has also criticized Politico for having a liberal bias when they compared a New York Times headline to Politicos Playbook headline, by claiming that it Extended further to the left than the NYT on this headline.
In review, Politico occasionally publishes listicles such as All of Trumps Russia Ties, in 7 Charts. They also publish articles with minimally loaded words such as Ocasio-Cortez warns Trump Jr. about subpoena power in response to meme, and they source to credible media outlets such as Reuters and the NY Times. However, they sometimes do use emotional headlines such as this: Establishment looks to crush liberals on Medicare for All.
In fact, unfair trade is perhaps the single biggest reason I decided to run for president. Following NAFTA’s adoption, our nation lost 1 in 4 manufacturing jobs.
Sep 16, 2020 · President Donald Trump got a rare grilling at an ABC News town hall in Philadelphia on Tuesday.
- Daniel Dale, CNN
People also ask
Who does fact check PolitiFact?
Is Politifact a liberal organization?
Is PolitiFact truly neutral?
How is PolitiFact funded?
- Politifact. Politifact is a project of the Tampa Bay Times. It won a Pulitzer Prize for its coverage of the 2008 election, during which it examined 750 claims.
- FactCheck.org. FactCheck.org is the oldest of the big three fact-checking sites; it launched in 2003. The site is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Washington Post‘s Fact Checker. The Post‘s Fact Checker blog is run by journalist Glenn Kessler. The site assesses claims made by politicians or political advocacy groups and gives out Pinochios based on its level of accuracy.
- OpenSecrets. OpenSecrets, also known as the Center for Responsive Politics, tracks money in U.S. politics and its effect on elections and public policy.
CNN holds elected officials and candidates accountable by pointing out what's true and what's not. Here's a look at our recent fact checks.