People also ask
What are 5 facts about Serbia?
What is the most famous thing about Serbia?
Who are some famous people from Serbia?
What do people in Serbia do for fun?
- Did you know that Serbia is the place of the highest number of Roman emperors born in one country? Yes, 18 Roman rulers were born in this country and it accounts for a fifth of all Roman emperors.
- Most villages in the world are made of houses and other structures built on different types of material. But in Serbia, there is a village located in Mt.
- The tallest stone gates in Europe are located in Serbia. These gates, which are three in number, are called the Little Prerast, the Big Prerast, and the Dry Prerast.
- Serbia has its own Grand Canyon. The Temštice river canyon is a canyon in Serbia that strikingly resembles the Grand Canyon of the Colorado because of its red cliffs.
- Between the 3rd and 4th century, a total of 18 Roman emperors were born on the soil of what is modern-day Serbia. That number accounts for a fifth of all Roman rulers.
- Those raspberries you’re eating are Serbian! Serbia has been topping the global raspberry export list for several years now. In 2012, almost 95% of the world’s raspberries came from this country.
- “Vampir” is the most famous Serbian word that is accepted and used across the world. Furthermore, the first vampire wasn’t count Dracula but Petar Blagojević, about whose vampirism was extensively written about in the Austrian press in 1725.
- In Serbia there is a river called “Year”. But, no, this river is not actually named “Godina” (Serbian for “year”). Its real name is Vrelo, but it got this nickname because of its unique length.
- Surnames. Most of the Serbian last names end on „ić“. This suffix can be compared with Irish prefix „O’“, Nordic suffix „son“ or „dotir“, Hungarian „fi“, Bulgarian „ev/a“ or „ov/a“, Turkish „oglu“ and can be translated as „the offspring“, and is a genuine Serbian patronymic.
- Raspberry. Serbia is one of the largest exporter of raspberries in the world. Not only that, but Serbia used to be the largest exporter of plums and prunes, and lately its potential in exporting cherries is growing.
- Roman emperors. 18 Roman emperors were born on the land which is today Serbia. This is about 20% of all the Roman emperors. The most famous of them was definitely Constantine the Great, Roman emperor who declared Christianity as the official religion.
- Vampire. The only Serbian word that is accepted and used across the world is “vampire”.
Jul 22, 2021 · Interesting Facts About Serbia | Surprising Facts About Serbia Serbia, officially the Republic of Serbia, is a sovereign state situated in the west-central Balkans. It has an area of 77,474 square km. Belgrade is the country’s capital. Serbian is its official language, and its official currency is Serbian Dinar (RSD).
- Serbia is one of the world’s biggest exporters of raspberries, and in the year 2012, Serbia was responsible for...
- One-fifth of the ancient rulers of Rome were born on what is now Serbian soil
- This is a Serbia fact for kids – There is a river called Year, and it is called that because it is 365 meters long!
Serbia, country in the west-central Balkans. For most of the 20th century, it was a part of Yugoslavia. The capital of Serbia is Belgrade, a cosmopolitan city at the confluence of the Danube and Sava rivers. Serbia’s second city, Novi Sad, a cultural and educational center, lies upstream on the Danube.
Serbia is a country of rich ecosystem and species diversity—covering only 1.9% of the whole European territory, Serbia is home to 39% of European vascular flora, 51% of European fish fauna, 40% of European reptiles and amphibian fauna, 74% of European bird fauna, and 67% European mammal fauna.
- Inat. Where else to start? Inat is a peculiarly Serbian concept. Many nations will claim that it exists all over the...
- The right way to celebrate. Belgrade is particularly famous for its nightlife, and this has more to do with an inherent...
- Treat the ones you love. Everyone around the world knows how to appreciate those...
- related to: serbia facts
holidayhomes.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month