South Asia covers about 5.2 million km 2 (2.0 million sq mi), which is 11.71% of the Asian continent or 3.5% of the world's land surface area. The population of South Asia is about 1.891 billion or about one-fourth of the world's population, making it both the most populous and the most densely populated geographical region in the world.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Asia
South Asia covers about 5.2 million km 2 (2.0 million sq mi), which is 11.71% of the Asian continent or 3.5% of the world's land surface area. The population of South Asia is about 1.891 billion or about one-fourth of the world's population, making it both the most populous and the most densely populated geographical region in the world.
South Asia, subregion of Asia, consisting of the Indo-Gangetic Plain and peninsular India and often synonymous with ‘Indian subcontinent.’ It is bounded to the north by a series of mountain ranges and is home to one of the earliest known civilizations.
Two nations in South Asia have nuclear weapons: India and Pakistan. Although Pakistan is a nuclear power and has the second-highest nominal GDP in South Asia, the literacy rate is only 58 percent; more than 21 percent of the population lives below the international poverty line (US $1.25 per day).
The CW's readaption of Nancy Drew will feature some faces from Calgary. Praneet Akilla and Aadila Dosani have been chose to play the Bobbsey twins and will take on the roles in the series' second season,
cbc.ca on MSN.com
1 day ago
- Biden to address racism toward Asian Americans during pandemic with executive actionPresident Biden is expected to use his executive authority this week to disavow racism and xenophobia toward Asian Americans, specifically targeting anti-Asian animus connected to the COVID-19 pandemic.CBS News on MSN.com55 minutes ago
- Black and South Asian Americans celebrate 'My Vice President' on social mediaNBC News on MSN.com5 days ago
- Kamala Harris' historic inauguration fills America's South Asian community with prideVice President Kamala Harris's historic inauguration brought tremendous pride to members of the country's growing South Asian community.ABC5 days ago
- World Bank exposes economic and social impact of coronavirus in South AsiaWorld Socialist Web Site5 days ago
In South Asia, India is the largest and the most populous country with a population of 1.276 billion people. Urban areas such as Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru are the most populous cities of India. Indias population growth rate is 1.2% annually with a life expectancy of 66 years. Indias Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is US $7,996.6 billion, and has a projected GDP growth rate of 2% per year.
Pakistan is the second most populous country in South Asia and ranks the sixth in the world with the highest population. Pakistani population stands at 190.4 million people with a life expectancy of 66.4 years and a population growth rate of 1.6% annually. Pakistan has a GDP of $928.0 billion and a Gross National Income (GNI) per capita of $4,840 in Purchasing Power Parity (PPP).
Bangladesh population accounts for 2.2% of the worlds population. Bangladesh has a population of 159.86 million people and a population density of 1238 persons per square kilometers, the highest among the world's larger countries. Life expectancy in Bangladesh is 70 years while the population growth rate is 1.2% annually. Bangladesh has a GDP of $572.6 billion, the third highest in South Asia with a GNI of $3,190 PPP.
South Asia (or Southern Asia) is the southern part of the continent of Asia.It is also known as Indian subcontinent. There are 8 countries in this region. It is surrounded by (clockwise) West Asia, Central Asia, Eastern Asia, Southeastern Asia and the Indian Ocean.
People also ask
What countries are South Asia?
What are the 5 regions of South Asia?
What region is South Asia in?
Is India considered South Asia?
- Other Destinations
Iran is occasionally considered a part of the region, but is predominantly in the Middle East.Afghanistan is sometimes considered part of the region and but often involves itself in South Asian regional organisations.Myanmar (formerly Burma) may be considered a part of South Asia for long-standing historical and political ties to India, but is usually categorised as being in Southeast Asia.
1. Chennai - The city having the world's second longest natural urban beach. 2. Kochi - The developed city in Kerala. 3. Colombo - The city that never darkens. 4. Delhi - The administrative capital of India. 5. Dhaka - Four Hundred years old capital city and also famous for as a city of mosque. 6. Islamabad 7. Karachi 8. Kathmandu 9. Kolkata - The cultural capital of India and former capital of the British Raj, Kolkata is a city full of culture and history. 10. Male - The island city of beau...
1. Bandarban — hill district in Bangladesh with trekking through unspoilt forests 2. Hunza Valley — one of the more stunning and popular parts of Pakistan's high mountain areas 3. Mount Everest — the world's tallest mountain straddling the border of China and Nepal 4. Sundarbans National Park — one of the best places in Bangladesh to see tigers 5. Taj Mahal — the incomparable marble tomb in AgraSee Islands of the Indian Ocean.
Some commonalities exist in this area, mainly of climate and culture.Climate: Apart from the Himalaya, the climate is tropical, with monsoon in summer and dry winter. However, you have the extremes of this climate, i.e. in Western Pakistan monsoon is quite non-existent and in Southern India, it lasts for six months. Sri Lanka even has two monsoons, one in May, one in October/November.Culture: The influence of historical Indian culture can be seen everywhere. Two of the main \\"world religions\\"...
The region does not have a lingua franca. However, as much of South Asia was under British rule, English is widely spoken by educated people. Hindi and Urdu are spoken over much of India and Pakistan. As the two languages are mutually intelligible, if you have to learn one before visiting, pick one of these. Hindi will also help you in Nepal, as the Nepali language is quite similar. Bengali is another major language spoken in Bangladesh, West Bengal and understood in some other eastern states...
Save valuable travel money and help our environment. Buy your drinking water for the same price as locals do.If you or your group stays in a place for more than one day, buy your water in the biggest bottle possible. This will save your money! Drinking water comes in bottles much bigger than 1.5L, some of them have a tap that allow you to refill your own or your friend's smaller bottles.\\"Help! I would like a big reusable bottle of water. Where can I get it?\\" or \\"Water ... Drink ... Big ... Wh...
Southeast Asia, vast region of Asia situated east of the Indian subcontinent and south of China. It consists of two dissimilar portions: a continental projection (commonly called mainland Southeast Asia) and a string of archipelagoes to the south and east of the mainland (insular Southeast Asia).
South Asia is a relatively flat region bordered by steep mountain ranges. South Asia can be divided into a main portion (Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh), an island , and two countries perched in the Himalayas (Nepal and Bhutan). (In historical discussion, "India" often denotes all of South Asia, not just the region of modern India.)