List of southern hip hop artists. Here is a list of southern hip hop artists on Spotify, ranked based on popularity, who exemplifies the southern hip hop genre. You can find out what southern hip hop genre sounds like where you can preview artists or sort them the way you want, just click the headers to sort.
Southern hip hop, also known as Southern rap, South Coast hip hop, or Dirty South, is a blanket term for a regional genre of American hip hop music that emerged in the Southern United States, especially in Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Memphis, and Miami—the five of which constitute the "Southern Network" in rap music.The music was a reaction to the 1980s flow of hip hop culture from New ...
People also ask
Where does Southern hip hop music come from?
Who are some famous Southern hip hop artists?
Which is the best Southern rap album ever?
How did Atlanta become the center of hip hop?
In 2002, Southern hip-hop artists accounted for 50 to 60 percent of the singles on hip-hop music charts. On the week of December 13, 2003, Southern urban artists, labels and producers accounted for six of the top 10 slots on the Billboard Hot 100 : OutKast had two singles, Ludacris , Kelis (produced by The Neptunes ), Beyoncé and Chingy (on ...
- The Ringer Staff
- Outkast — Aquemini (1998) Outkast goes places. Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik lets listeners ride shotgun through streets of Atlanta. ATLiens blasts them into orbit.
- UGK — Ridin’ Dirty (1996) Discussing Ridin’ Dirty is always tricky because, I mean, you’re talking about the very best rap album from what many (though probably nobody from Atlanta) would argue is the greatest Southern rap group that’s ever been.
- Juvenile — 400 Degreez (1998) Generally speaking, about rap and flexing, the cars are already paid off and at least a calendar year out from hitting the market.
- Lil Wayne — Tha Carter III (2008) My favorite moment on 2008’s Tha Carter III (which is different from favorite song) is “Dr. Carter,” which ostensibly takes cues from the Common “I Used to Love H.E.R.”
Jan 17, 2016 · 15. Bun B - Trill (2005) All props due to one of the true godfathers of southern Hip Hop. Bernard Freeman, otherwise known as Bun B, released this album just after his late partner-in-rhyme, Pimp C, was incarcerated. Although disheartened, this only served to make his album that much more potent, and with the Pimp in his mind and heart, he ...
MC Music Choice Hip +21 WJXM +18 WSMK +16 KKST +13 WYNN +12 Sirius XM Hip +10 KBLZ +5 MC Music Choice Rap +2 WPWZ +0 KZRB +0 +97 Most Increased Plays lists the songs with the greatest week-to-week increases in total plays
1. "Nothin' But A 'G' Thang" by Dr. Dre with Snoop Doggy Dog (The Chronic, Death Row 1992) Yes, rap's number one song is also a Southern Soul song, if only you can get past the cultural connotations that have made it a rappers-only anthem. It's all in the mid-tempo, swinging-and-swaying melody underlying the rap.
- Tom MacDonald - Snowflakes. New entry - released 2 days ago. buy from iTunes $0.99.
- Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean. Re-entry. buy from iTunes $0.69.
- Masked Wolf - Astronaut in the Ocean (Remix) [feat. G-Eazy & DDG] No movement. buy from iTunes $0.69.
- Young MC - Bust a Move. Re-entry. buy from iTunes $0.69.
The Seattle-Tacoma, WA Charts. Change Location. Chart Type. Regional. Global National Regional Local. Region. All Genres. All Genres Alternative Ambient Americana Bluegrass Blues Bollywood/Tollywood Celtic Childrens Christian Rock Christian/Gospel Classical Comedy Country DJ Dance Dubstep EDM Electronica Experimental Folk Funk Grime Hip Hop ...
- related to: southern hip hop charts