Southern hip hop, also known as Southern rap, South Coast hip hop, or dirty south, is a blanket term for a regional genre of American hip hop music that emerged in the Southern United States and the Southeastern United States, especially in Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Memphis, and Miami—five cities which constitute the "Southern Network" in rap music.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_hip_hop
Southern hip hop, also known as Southern rap, South Coast hip hop, or dirty south, is a blanket term for a regional genre of American hip hop music that emerged in the Southern United States and the Southeastern United States, especially in Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Memphis, and Miami—five cities which constitute the "Southern Network" in rap music.
Browse the top underground hip-hop artists to find new music. Scrobble songs to get recommendations on tracks you'll love.
- The Ringer Staff
- Outkast — Aquemini (1998) Outkast goes places. Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik lets listeners ride shotgun through streets of Atlanta. ATLiens blasts them into orbit.
- UGK — Ridin’ Dirty (1996) Discussing Ridin’ Dirty is always tricky because, I mean, you’re talking about the very best rap album from what many (though probably nobody from Atlanta) would argue is the greatest Southern rap group that’s ever been.
- Juvenile — 400 Degreez (1998) Generally speaking, about rap and flexing, the cars are already paid off and at least a calendar year out from hitting the market.
- Lil Wayne — Tha Carter III (2008) My favorite moment on 2008’s Tha Carter III (which is different from favorite song) is “Dr. Carter,” which ostensibly takes cues from the Common “I Used to Love H.E.R.”
People also ask
What exactly is underground hip hop?
What rappers are in Atlanta?
What is classic hip hop?
Who are some good underground rappers?
Delivering distinctive hip hop music worldwide. Documenting soulful music, taking ownership of our hip hop culture. Together we can make a difference. J Dilla: James Dewitt Yancey, February 7, 1974 to February 10, 2006, aka J Dilla & Jay Dee, was a producer & emcee who emerged in the mid-1990s underground hip hop scene in Detroit, MI. LOAD SHOW
Jan 01, 2013 · The Underground. In 2012 The Underground Hip Hop scene found itself expanding and transforming into an almost unrecognizable entity from most any other year. ... His southern roots dictate the ...
May 18, 2016 · Makaveli Wealthy Ft. Shaadey – Find A Queen. Gee Dark. Videos. May 18, 2021. Makaveli Wealthy Teams Up With Bentley Records Artist Shaadey For A Soulful Hip-Hop R&B Collaboration For “Find A Queen” Which ... Hakim Green – Krs One – The Cypher..!!
Nov 03, 2019 · His latest album Dusty could be considered another homage to a classic hip-hop sound, as Mono En Stereo provided Homeboy a canvas of head-nodding beats sourced from a diverse suite of jazz, soul ...
- Andre Gee
- Kota The Friend. If you only walk away with one new artist after reading my top ten, please let it be Kota. He’s the people’s champ, a true underdog that has decided to do things his way on the indie route.
- Ronsocold. Ronsocold is from Charlotte, North Carolina but is quickly getting his sound heard across the country thanks to his debut self-titled album, RonSoCold, which dropped earlier this year on May 15th.
- 2KBaby. 2KBaby is an emerging Louisville, Kentucky artist that is signed to Warner Music Group. He dropped his most recent project, Pregame Rituals, on April 10th and as the title suggests, he is just getting started!
- Curtis Roach. Although he’s been making great music for a few years now, it was on TikTok that this 21-year-old Detroit artist received his big moment earlier this year.