Prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. Explore Victoria, Tofino, Parksville, Campbell River or Port Hardy, or go hiking, camping, kayaking, golfing, salmon fishing, whale watching or wildlife viewing.
- Maps of BC
Browse through our selection of Vancouver Island maps to...
A Calendar of Events for Victoria and Vancouver Island,...
Looking for Accommodation on Vancouver Island and the Gulf...
- Maps of BC
People also ask
What cities are on Vancouver Island?
How many people live on Vancouver Island?
How far is Vancouver Island from Canada?
How do you get to Vancouver Island?
Vancouver Island is in the northeastern Pacific Ocean, and part of the Canadian province of British Columbia. The island is 460 km (290 mi) in length, 100 km (62 mi) in width at its widest point, and 32,134 km 2 (12,407 sq mi) in area. It is the largest island on the west coasts of the Americas.
An incredible destination surrounded by the Pacific Ocean on all sides, Vancouver Island is the ocean. The ocean inspires our everyday. Regardless of why you choose to visit Vancouver Island, you pass through the ocean to get here. On the ferry, you travel across the water.
VICTORIA -- Vancouver Island RCMP are searching for a man who is wanted on nearly a dozen warrants in the South Island. Nanaimo RCMP say they are on the lookout for Michael Leighton, 32 ...
4 hours ago
- Passing the environmental stewardship baton on a Vancouver Island estuaryCliffe can forage for berries, food and medicinal plants, hop into the marshes, hunt wild geese and probably even become friends with aThe Star1 day ago
- 2 men charged for 2019 hit-and-run death in Parksville, B.C., on Vancouver IslandCBC.ca on MSN.com1 day ago
- Vancouver Island stepfather sentenced to five years in prison for repeated sexual assaultsThe Vancouver Sun1 day ago
- Owner of vehicle of interest in fatal Vancouver Island hit-and-run identifiedGlobal News on MSN.com1 week ago
- First taste of snow for higher terrain Vancouver Island this Weekmsn.com
- Little Drop to the Lake (Vancouver Island)youtube.com
- CRABBING, SWY-A-LANA LAGOON, NANAIMO, VANCOUVER ISLAND, BC, CANADAyoutube.com
- trout fishing vancouver island 2019youtube.com
About Vancouver Island Refer to Vancouver Island as Victoria Island and risk a chorus of eye-rolls from the otherwise-friendly locals. Yes, Victoria is the main city on the island, but there are many distinct flavors to its logging and fishing settlements.
- Browse by Category. Cultural & Theme Tours. Cultural Tours. Historical Tours. Art Tours. Ghost & Vampire Tours. Forests. Day Trips. Private Day Trips. Hot Springs & Geysers.
- Popular Cities in Vancouver Island. Errington. Nanoose Bay. Colwood. Tahsis. Saanich. Chemainus. Cowichan Bay. Coombs. Lake Cowichan. Port McNeill. Ladysmith. Comox. Explore Vancouver Island.
- Top Attractions in Vancouver Island. Sort by: Traveler Favorites. Museums 1. Royal BC Museum. 7,025 reviews. Sights & Landmarks 2. Kinsol Trestle. 185 reviews. Nature & Parks.
- Types of Things to Do in Vancouver Island. Outdoor Activities (640)Tours (571)Boat Tours & Water Sports (379)Nature & Parks (347)Shopping (331)Sights & Landmarks (156)Food & Drink (129)Museums (124)Spas & Wellness (114)Fun & Games (94)Transportation (58)Nightlife (51)Classes & Workshops (30)Concerts & Shows (24)Traveler Resources (22)Zoos & Aquariums (7)Casinos & Gambling (4)Events (3)Water & Amusement Parks (2)
Vancouver Island is also known for its stretching beaches and verdant wineries. From downtown Victoria, drive to Sooke – a vibrant boating and fishing town – or make your way out to the Cowichan...
With 3,340km (2,137 miles) of coastline and thousands of lakes and rivers, Vancouver Island offers no end of water activities.
- Take a free tour in the British Columbia Parliament Buildings. With beautiful buildings, lots of cafes and restaurants, and a friendly vibe, Victoria is a great place to start exploring Vancouver Island.
- Admire the Fairmont Empress (or have a high tea) The Fairmont Empress opened her doors at the start of the 20th century and is a true city icon. If you like a high-tea (and even if you don’t;-), be sure to have a ‘Tea at the Empress‘ which has been a tremendously popular Victoria activity since 1908!
- Explore Victoria Old Town. The historic center of Victoria. Victoria has a lovely historic center that can easily be navigated on foot. Pick up a map at the Visitor Center and spend the day wandering from one beautiful old building to the next.
- Stroll around Fisherman’s Wharf. A popular hotspot in Victoria is quirky Fisherman’s Wharf, a floating village with colorful houses and cute little shops.
Zillow has 3 homes for sale in 98250 matching Vancouver Island. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
- October 17, 2020
Feel-Good results for vancouver island