Ranked ninth in Travel + Leisure magazine’s 2014 World’s Best Awards: Top Islands, Vancouver Island boasts magnificent rainforests, beaches, mountains, lakes and pristine rivers. Find a wealth of travel and tourism information on Vancouver Island; Accommodation, Attractions, Real Estate, and Outdoor Recreation.
- Maps of BC
Browse through our selection of Vancouver Island maps to...
A Calendar of Events for Victoria and Vancouver Island,...
Looking for Accommodation on Vancouver Island and the Gulf...
- Maps of BC
Vancouver Island is in the northeastern Pacific Ocean, and part of the Canadian province of British Columbia. The island is 460 km (290 mi) in length, 100 km (62 mi) in width at its widest point, and 32,134 km 2 (12,407 sq mi) in area. It is the largest island on the west coasts of the Americas.
People also ask
What to do on Vancouver Island?
What cities are on Vancouver Island?
How many people live on Vancouver Island?
How far is Vancouver Island from British Columbia?
Explore Vancouver Island Discover an ocean-carved land of extremes ranging from mild to wild, cultured to life-affirmingly raw. Backpack in majestic wilderness parks. Marvel at orcas, black bears and the sheer abundance of furred, feathered and finned wildlife.
About Vancouver Island Refer to Vancouver Island as Victoria Island and risk a chorus of eye-rolls from the otherwise-friendly locals. Yes, Victoria is the main city on the island, but there are many distinct flavors to its logging and fishing settlements.
Protesters blocking road construction near the Fairy Creek watershed say the 14 recommendations laid out in the recently released A New Future for Old Forests reports do not go far enough and they have no plans to end their encampments.
3 days ago
- ‘Putting these little guys first’: Life of tadpoles told in short film from Vancouver Island underwater filmmakerThe Vancouver Sun2 days ago
- Cross River Plans Follow up Work Program at the Tahsis Gold Project, Vancouver Island, BCYAHOO!1 day ago
- Vancouver Island Anchor Kori Sidaway On Why She Called Out Viewer Who Body Shamed HerET Canada on MSN.com7 days ago
- A Look Inside Bode's Lockdown Studio on Vancouver IslandFor the last five months, designer Emily Adams Bode has been in lockdown at her fiancé’s family home on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. While there, the designer created a temporary studio in the greenhouse,Hypebeast1 week ago
- Browse by Category. Cultural & Theme Tours. Cultural Tours. Historical Tours. Art Tours. Ghost & Vampire Tours. Forests. Day Trips. Private Day Trips. Hot Springs & Geysers.
- Popular Cities in Vancouver Island. Errington. Nanoose Bay. Colwood. Tahsis. Saanich. Chemainus. Cowichan Bay. Coombs. Lake Cowichan. Port McNeill. Ladysmith. Comox. Explore Vancouver Island.
- Top Attractions in Vancouver Island. Sort by: Traveler Favorites. Museums 1. Royal BC Museum. 7,014 reviews. Sights & Landmarks 2. Kinsol Trestle. 183 reviews. Nature & Parks.
- Types of Things to Do in Vancouver Island. Outdoor Activities (638)Tours (568)Boat Tours & Water Sports (378)Nature & Parks (346)Shopping (331)Sights & Landmarks (152)Food & Drink (128)Museums (124)Spas & Wellness (112)Fun & Games (93)Transportation (57)Nightlife (51)Classes & Workshops (30)Concerts & Shows (24)Traveler Resources (22)Zoos & Aquariums (7)Casinos & Gambling (4)Events (3)Water & Amusement Parks (2)
Vancouver Island is also known for its stretching beaches and verdant wineries. From downtown Victoria, drive to Sooke – a vibrant boating and fishing town – or make your way out to the Cowichan...
- Take a free tour in the British Columbia Parliament Buildings. With beautiful buildings, lots of cafes and restaurants, and a friendly vibe, Victoria is a great place to start exploring Vancouver Island.
- Admire the Fairmont Empress (or have a high tea) The Fairmont Empress opened her doors at the start of the 20th century and is a true city icon. If you like a high-tea (and even if you don’t;-), be sure to have a ‘Tea at the Empress‘ which has been a tremendously popular Victoria activity since 1908!
- Explore Victoria Old Town. The historic center of Victoria. Victoria has a lovely historic center that can easily be navigated on foot. Pick up a map at the Visitor Center and spend the day wandering from one beautiful old building to the next.
- Stroll around Fisherman’s Wharf. A popular hotspot in Victoria is quirky Fisherman’s Wharf, a floating village with colorful houses and cute little shops.
Vancouver Island is home to a temperate rainforest in the Pacific Ocean; a biodiverse ecosystem that includes thousands of species of flora and fauna. Whales, bears, marmots, eagles, salmon, trout,…
Zillow has 5 homes for sale in 98250 matching Vancouver Island. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
- September 15, 2020
Feel-Good results for vancouver island
Zillow has 751 homes for sale in Vancouver BC. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.