- Sony's PlayStation 2 is a video game console that was released on March 4 th, 2000 and discontinued in 2012. The PlayStation 2 was the successor to the PlayStation and was Sony's second console in the line. The Sony PlayStation 2 competed with Microsoft's Xbox, Nintendo's GameCube, and Sega's Dreamcast.
People also ask
What are some fun facts about the PlayStation 2?
Is playstation 4 backwards compatible with ps4?
What are some fun facts about the PlayStation 4?
What is the size of a PS4?
- A Console of Firsts. In terms of initial success, the PlayStation 4 was a console of firsts and features to trump the Xbox One. Of its own kind, it was the first to include a HDMI cable in box with the console.
- Pretty and Practical. The sloping, parallelogram design of the PlayStation 4 isn’t just gorgeous, it also serves a purpose. The front is angled upwards to make sure the power and eject buttons are easy to press all while maintaining the sleek, seamless design.
- Lights, Camera, Sound Origination. The PlayStation Camera is a brilliant piece of hardware for gamers looking to get that little bit more out of their console experience.
- Multitasking. The Dualshock’s PlayStation button can quickly whisk you away to the console’s home menu. But it can also manage your multitasking efficiently.
- 80 Per Cent of Households Own a Console. Let’s start with the big picture— an quick glimpse of just how many people console gaming touches each year.
- 155 Million Americans Play Video Games Regularly. Okay, so this one is about gamers in general, but it’s still interesting. And if you want to know what “regularly” means, according to this particular study it’s more than 3 hours per week.
- All 10 Top-Grossing Games of 2015 Are Available on PS4. Of the top grossing video games of 2015, all 10 were titles that are available for the PS4.
- The PS4 Has Sold Over 9.4 Million Units in the United States. As of November 2015, the PlayStation 4 has sold more than 9.4 million units since it came out in the United States on November 16, 2013.
- Simon Assaad
- The PS4 Delivers a More Personalized Experience During Gameplay. PS4will use real names when connecting to social networks and help you locate and track friends.
- If Your Friend is in Trouble You Can jump in Their Game and Save Them. New interactive features now allow your friends to look over your shoulder, post your screen during gameplay and even take over your controller if you let them.
- PS4 Will Come with a Dual Shock Controller. The new controller includes a share button and a touchpad. The dual shock controller spots a light bar to identify players and changes color as you move through the game.
- Accessing Content Will be a Lot Easier. The user interface has been redesigned to allow seamless upload on the go and the ability to play downloadable titles as they download in the background.
- Sony supports LGBT rights with Gaystation Edition. In order to celebrate the Stockholm Pride Festival, on the 2nd August 2017 the Swedish retailer WebHallen auctioned a particular model of the PlayStation 4, which is painted with rainbow colors and a red, pixelated heart on it.
- Various types of PlayStation 4. There are many versions of the console: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Slim and PlayStation 4 Pro. This console’s types have some differences between each other
- PlayStation 4 as a fruit? In Nice, France: a 19teen-year-old french guy named Adel managed to buy a PlayStation 4 console paying only 9 euros. How was it possible?
- HDMI included, well but not so well as expected… The PlayStation 4 is the only first Sony console sold with an HDMI included in the package. However, in the first models of the PlayStation 4, the HDMI port caused some issues to the console and with the HDMI cable inserted, it used to switch off the image and lighting up some blue lights while playing.
- PlayStation 4 Design. First of all, let’s start with the design of the PlayStation 4. It is a parallelogram shape, with the front end of it being angled upwards and the back end of it being angled downwards.
- The DualShock 4 Controllers. The controller that accompanies the PlayStation 4 is the DualShock 4, which has some rather sophisticated features including a touchpad interface and an inbuilt speaker.
- The Technology Behind the PS4. The PS4 itself is quite a remarkable piece of technology. Sony has ditched Cell, the old processor from the PS3 in favour of a single-chip custom processor, an x86-64 AMD ‘Jaguar’ that has eight cores.
- PS4 Vs Xbox One Features. The PS4 also has some features exclusive to it that the Xbox One doesn’t. One such thing is that Sony is not going to outlaw pre-owned games on the PS4.
PlayStation 2 Facts Sony's PlayStation 2 is a video game console that was released on March 4 th, 2000 and discontinued in 2012. The PlayStation 2 was the successor to the PlayStation and was Sony's second console in the line. The Sony PlayStation 2 competed with Microsoft's Xbox, Nintendo's GameCube, and Sega's Dreamcast.
Jul 12, 2013 · Yes the home console is like that, but if you have 2 PS4 at home then 1 has to be the home console and can be used by any account (offline) while the other needs to be signed into by the purchasing account and online. PS4 A; Home console, all account, offline. PS4 B; signed in console, the purchasing account, online.
- This console was the first of the PlayStation lineup of home video game consoles. It primarily competed with the Nintendo 64 and the Sega Saturn as part of the fifth generation of video game consoles.
- The PlayStation was the first computer entertainment platform to ship 100 million units, which it had reached 9 years and 6 months after its initial launch.
- In 2000, a redesigned, slim version called the PS one was released, replacing the original grey console and named appropriately to avoid confusion with its successor, the PlayStation 2.
- The buttons on the first PlayStation controller had a distinct purpose. The triangle represented a person’s viewpoint. The square was meant to symbolize a map.
By October 2019, PS4 became the second best-selling home game console of all time, behind PlayStation 2.  On September 7, 2016, Sony unveiled the PlayStation 4 Slim, a smaller version of the console; and a high-end version called the PlayStation 4 Pro, which features an upgraded GPU and a higher CPU clock rate to support enhanced performance and 4K resolution in supported games.
- The PS2’s last game was released in 2013. The PS2 over its lifetime had 3,874 titles and sold 1.5 billion copies. The last games to be made for the PS2 reached way into the life of its successor, the PS3.
- The towers during startup actually had a purpose! Anyone who has ever owned this console remembers them for many things but the random white towers shooting up and down during the loading screen is something that springs to my mind first.
- A man legally changed his name to PS2. Now I know we all do some crazy things when we find something we love deeply but have you ever thought of changing your name to your favorite piece of technology?
- The shape of the PS2 wasn’t Sony’s brainchild! The actual console itself, with its box-like shape and perpendicular lines across the body, was based on a computer from 1993.